• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape New hardscape

D1128014-153E-45E9-8923-854CFF5B5ED3.jpeg
3C0808A6-47C4-401A-93ED-52D044C67A0A.jpeg

What is your comments about my new hardscape?
You can find my posts on instagram @thescapersscene

The Scaper’s Scene

What is your comments about my new hardscape?

Scaper%2017.5.19%20_edited-1.jpg

The very first thing I saw was the front RH corner its not required plus its a massive distraction.
Next was every rock is placed in a row in fact a total of three rows.

The only plus is all the rocks are very good and full of character,

My suggestion build a mock tank and have a complete re think or changing those three rows.

Keith:wave::wave:
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/members/the-scaper’s-scene.18267/

It’s difficult to tell until it’s planted and grown in but my first impression is a lack of height. With some tall plants though it may look ok. Good luck with the project.

IMO it's lacking height especially the main rock. The negative space area is to much losing some strength this way.

The bridge/ cave looks a bit forced I would try to tweak it more for more natural appearence.

Good thing is your already working front to back with hardscape good job!

You might want to add more crushed rock on the beach.

The rocks in front of the main rock are completely random and will get lost once plants growing in. I would suggest to make more smooth transitions with different sizes from large to small.

The whole hardscape can benefit from having stronger connections. The rocks don't really flow together.

In the end it's all and trial and error and the one who has the dedication and patience to tweak a lot, has more chance to achieve a 'good' general impression.

Back