• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DOOA "nano pond" 2.0 - UG and re-scape

Wow, in french I would say 'you got green hands', it means you know how to grow plants. :thumbup:

Thanks man!

One of the goals for this setup was to actually see and show, how simple it could be done.

The plants ofcourse benefits from growing emersed, but in a time where lots of hobbyists spend tremendous amounts of time and money nitpicking over nutrient values, specific lights and which brand to buy for this and that, this setup is such a relief in that it goes to show how nature finds a way despite all of our efforts or lack thereof

This is so beautiful. Congratulations on achieving such a piece of nature in just a little space.
It seems that you choose the right plants for the look you wanted.

Just a question, how's the filtration? (I suppose it comes with the DOOA product).

Pedro.

This is so beautiful. Congratulations on achieving such a piece of nature in just a little space.
It seems that you choose the right plants for the look you wanted.

Just a question, how's the filtration? (I suppose it comes with the DOOA product).

Pedro.

As Fishlifelondon says, no filtration only water changes and natural balance. I'm actually not even using the light during spring because it sits in natural sunlight most of the day.

As time has gone, I've experimented with throwing plants from my other tank in there. Glosso, Bolbitis difformis and more are all growing nicely in there in this "no tech" setup

Pedro
There is no filtration, just large water changes.

:thumbup:

As Fishlifelondon says, no filtration only water changes and natural balance. I'm actually not even using the light during spring because it sits in natural sunlight most of the day.
As time has gone, I've experimented with throwing plants from my other tank in there. Glosso, Bolbitis difformis and more are all growing nicely in there in this "no tech" setup

It's beautiful... and simple. That makes it even better. A true inspiration.

Wonder what PAR we're getting out here :D
LRM_EXPORT_62657673327251_20190616_133504231.jpeg
LRM_EXPORT_62690053550497_20190616_133536611.jpeg
LRM_EXPORT_62763561209021_20190616_133650119.jpeg

Lovely in the sunshine Careful the sun can burn the leaves of plants that aren’t used to it. I’ve killed a few house plants that way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely in the sunshine Careful the sun can burn the leaves of plants that aren’t used to it. I’ve killed a few house plants that way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only sat there for a couple of hours :cool:

I killed my catappa plant by setting it out just a bit to soon/long ( which i had done the 2 years before already) and that''s from the tropics:(:mad::banghead::arghh:
View attachment 125227
This was the year before i burned it.............

Sorry to hear. Did the same with a bonsai I've kept indoor throughout the winter. Better to acclimate gradually and be patient

Love this little tank, great job.

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I would love a update aswel just looked at pictures again and its stunning.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Here's an update:

Took the small tank outside in the sun today for a quick maintenance. These small pond like tanks is such a joy and gives a big impact with very little effort compared to larger high tech setups
P1018695.JPG
P1018693.JPG

Really nice! Thanks for the update!
May I ask what is the difference between this light and the plus version?
Is it just the app control?

Very nice mate, just bought an second hand flat nano plus, can’t wait, the normal version is already an awesome light.
Really nice! Thanks for the update!
May I ask what is the difference between this light and the plus version?
Is it just the app control?
bt app control + more lumens ;)

Back