• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

another Mystery creature

Tucker90

As the title states! Another critter to add to the collection!

Any ID on this?! Shrimp and plant safe?!

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are shrimp and plant safe in the general sense but they are unsightly and they have ptobably been caused by overfeeding.

I have used Panacur which is a dog dewormer to eradicate them.

PM me your address and tank size and I'll send you some powder to kill them stone dead in 3 days. Perfectly shrimp safe too.

Planaria in excess would indicate a dirty tank in my experience. How's your maintenance regime?

PM me your address and tank size and I'll send you some powder to kill them stone dead in 3 days. Perfectly shrimp safe too.

Planaria in excess would indicate a dirty tank in my experience. How's your maintenance regime?

very kind offer thanks, luckily this not my issue, my issue is a leaking eheim 2 lol

They are shrimp and plant safe in the general sense but they are unsightly and they have ptobably been caused by overfeeding.

I have used Panacur which is a dog dewormer to eradicate them.

I read an article saying they can and do kill shrimp, particularly young ones.

I had them in my tank and as I only had plants I used increasingly large doses of Panacur but it didn’t work. I had to strip the tank down.

I suspect mine came on plants from the LFS.

Hi all,
I had them in my tank and as I only had plants I used increasingly large doses of Panacur but it didn’t work. I had to strip the tank down.
"Panacur" (Fenbendazole) is effective against one order of Flatworms the <"Tricladida">, but not against <"Rhabdocoela"> or Leeches.

At various times I've had all three (and probably do at the moment), and as far as I'm aware there isn't a chemical control for Leeches that doesn't kill everything else.

Have a look at <"TDS guidelines for shrimps....">.

cheers darrel

Back