• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium Management Apps

Monkfish

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone used any apps to track levels etc for their tanks?

I found a post from 2014, but was interested to know if anyone uses them now.

Thanks

I use Aquarimate, each of my tanks has a separate section and I can set up reminders for cleaning filters etc. I’m also keeping a breeding journal in there at the moment.

I use Aquarium Note. It works pretty well, you can record expenses (if you dare) and setup categories to split things up like food and initial setup.

You can have multiple aquariums and everything can have multiple pictures. It is really nice seeing photos of the aquarium and seeing how it changes over time

You can add custom parameters and log them if you want.

You can set reminders on a schedule and have a log for each aquarium (and have include pictures)

The developer is also pretty good and has made a couple of changes I had suggested as improvements.

I made an excel sheet with graphs etc for when I started up my tank and started cycling it. It's nothing special, ill upload pin it to this post for you. It's a bit of a mess but you can get the idea and edit the fields yourself.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SuOzJugqI_R9L9IZX5Z5ZJsz99xhiQzm

Don't know if i'm skilled enough to make a Google Doc that could do all that haha.

I saw the other 2 apps, unfortunately Aquarium Note is Android only, it did look like the perfect one.

I use Aquarimate, each of my tanks has a separate section and I can set up reminders for cleaning filters etc. I’m also keeping a breeding journal in there at the moment.

Is it worth the £9.99? and did you pay for the annual sub too?

Is it worth the £9.99? and did you pay for the annual sub too?

I didn't know there's an annual sub...For me the app was worth the money, I use it a lot. But you might be interested in other features than the ones I use. The parameters function isn't optimal and the livestock database is limited, but I don't really do much measurements any more and you can add your own livestock (fish, invertebrates and plants) with pictures. There are a lot of sections I don't use, such as wish list, expenses, calculators. I have my equipment in there and reminders tied to them. I keep track of my livestock, I can for example see that I have my neons for 1 year, 11 months and 16 days now. The timeline function can be used for anything (I've used it for cycling & breeding journals), the app counts the days and you can add pictures to your logs. I guess the main benefit is that you can have your logs in one place (although I still tend to just note things in Notes on my iPhone instead of the notes function of the app).

I've used the feature a few times to photo the rest tube and compare to the colour chart to try and get a judgement on value empirically.

Back