• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

No Filter, No Heater, No co2, No Ferts. Walstad Nano Fish Tank

How many litres is the tank? I am doing something similar with a 12 litre and hoping to put a pair of least killifish in it... I'll get round to doing a journal soon!

Have you thought no fish but perhaps pond life, we all must have done this as children but to return as adults with research could prove interesting, or perhaps an aquatic newt just a few thoughts.

How about a salamander?:
GIANT-SALAMANDER.jpg

An update guys. Its been 2 months since setup. Things are going very well with the plants thriving and so are all the critters. I've basically done next to nothing to the tank. Not even water changes for the past month. I top up the water from slight evaporation but thats it.
No Tech Nano before and after.jpg

And here is the video update on the maintenance and close ups. Help me out and give me a subscribe :thumbsup:

After 12 months. :thumbup:

This is a Walstad Method tank. The credit goes to Diana Walstad for publishing the organic soil substrate method.

See video description at youtube for full details.

Looks great!

I wonder how long before the plants will run out of nutrients?

I stopped this tank now guys.

I want to do something more like the example above. This tank is too small for anything other than shrimp. I even move the betta i had in it out because it felt cruel.

I have just set up a paladerium style, 20 litre, no tech tank :https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/bedtime-swamp.55762/

But am now debating to go full walstad with the tank in a similar style to the one above (full planted, open front) and get some really interesting breeding. This tank has been really enjoyable, but after the big trim and seeing the shrimp babies grow....it felt done.

What do you think.

A. Carry on with the low tech paladerium and let it grow right out.

B. Rescape for a full and simple walstad with breeding and tiny critters?

I've bumped this old thread because i have just rebooted the tank. I'm better at filming, editing and scaping now so thought i could do a better job this time around and the tank was really fun to watch evolve :)

Here is the tank (far right) with the other two nano's in my galley.
trio 50%.jpg

And here is how i made it:

Hi Marc
Congratulations on producing probably the best quality films on YouTube love the style
My only criticism would be to have more information maybe listed at the end just like credits, light, substrate mix and proportions daily photo periods etc etc
I’ve watched all of them now and wondered if you have found any difference with the different lights or the soil you’ve used ?
How long is the lights on each day ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back