• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Modding the Chihiros A series to include RGB LED

Yes they are 5050 but I assume that the amount of total area of chips is similar for a regular white 5050 and RGB 5050?

I meant dual row so heat dissipation would be an issue depending on heatsink; in my case no heat sink at all in some places because it didn't stick fully.... ;)

https://image.made-in-china.com/2f0...-W-LED-Leisten-dual-white-LED-Strip-Light.jpg
5050-WW-W-LED-Leisten-dual-white-LED-Strip-Light.jpg

btw red renders quite well with this light. I haven't seen any great red growth but I think that's down to absolute light levels which are low in this tank. Most of the plants are slow growers.....

url], on Flickr

47977202263_01b4f99612_h.jpg
2019-06-01_05-10-11 by Reb El, on Flickr

Never tried.. But did read some reports about lenses causing a light prism effect inside the aquarium. Forgot the lens angle that was used in this case.
Will report back in the next 3 months. I am busy with other things currently....

I never bothered with the lenses for this light. It's still going strong. 2 diodes have crapped out but rest are fine. I use it at 4/7 intensity as my tank is mainly low light plants.

I modded both to light up all three diodes. I find this gives a slightly blueish hue which I prefer. I still think there is too much yellow overall. Some of it's my tank water that gets tinted towards water change day.

btw red renders quite well with this light. I haven't seen any great red growth but I think that's down to absolute light levels which are low in this tank. Most of the plants are slow growers.....

url], on Flickr

View attachment 1495812019-06-01_05-10-11 by Reb El, on Flickr

Loving the colour rendition you are getting with this light. Much nicer than the over yellow effect from my Fluval Plant 3.0.

Much nicer than the over yellow effect from my Fluval Plant 3.0.
I think so but I can't confirm. Remember that my photo may look different to real life although I edited it to look like what I see in real life. To my eyes this looks to be 6000K overall including the yellow tint presumably from the water.

It is definitely less yellow than Fluval plant 2, which I have used. That one is SOOO yellow although reds are nicer with it. I think the CRI mght be higher but the overall color temp is towards 4000K or so.

Back