• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low maintenance aquarium

And if the stocking level is minimal then just a pump to circulate the water

Or go old school with an under gravel filter

For the riparian just need a pump to raise the water up to the plants then a waterfall back down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,
what's your views over this? Not the Hamburg but it maybe meets everything halfway?
Yes it should work fine. I agree with the comments @dean and Marcel @zozo have made.

The real advantage of the <"matten filter"> is that it can't really clog, and even if your air pump, or power-head, stops working the outer, upper layer of the sponge will remain oxygenated and will carry on performing nitrification. I see that as an advantage even over an over-tank, planted trickle filter.

I'm never going to that route, but if I was to keep fish in a system without plants, if I did I would definitely have a HMF in the system.

If I ever got as fish house (pretty unlikely) I would definitely go down the piston air pump, air main, <"corner (eck) matten filter"> route.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Back