• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with algae ID

Aqua808

Seedling
Could someone please help me identifying this algae. I believe it to be BBA but I just wanted confirmation before attacking the issue. Picture is of algae infested leaf in peroxide taken last night.

2218FB1D-14FE-4439-A5E2-3D442E6ACAE2.jpeg

Any help will be much appreciated ☺️

Indeed very unclear picture.. It looks fat and almost like a Caloglossa spp. and this is also a Rodophyta. :)

BC1EDF0D-9148-41CA-AF3A-3DFEC58BBB09.jpeg
364E51A4-19A0-4E5A-86A4-874ED853E456.jpeg
8A948055-A709-4F5C-9281-470759216785.jpeg
Sorry for the unclear picture. Here are some of the algae I took this morning. As you can probably see, I’m fighting a few different algae’s. I started excel spot dosing 3 days ago and the algae is starting to change color. The picture of the algae in the cup that was soaked in peroxide has changed the same color but none of the treated algae has turned purple or red like I’ve read that BBA does when dying. Thank you for your reply’s

Interesting! :) I see an Hair Alga, something like a liver moss (Coral moss maybe?) And a special looking Rodophyta on the top of the wood.. Is that the one you tried to kill with H2O2?..

I would love to see a sharp version the picture with the leaves from your opening post..

Yea the ones on the wood was the same one that was on the leaves that I was soaking in peroxide. I’ll try and take a sharper picture of the algae when I get home. The ones on the leaves I still have in a cup but just with regular tap water. When I checked them last night there still wasn’t much change. Just looked lighter green like the ones I spot treated on the wood

I’m doing water changes twice a week for now and my lighting is on 6 hours total. 3 on, 3 off, 3on. I’m dosing ada ferts daily. I just was doing spot treatment right now to help slow the spread until I was able to figure out what type of algae this was. I’m still new so I’m still trying to find a nice balance for ferts and lighting but just didn’t want this algae to spread too much in fear of it being BBA.
Thanks for your reply

5DAC735A-E76F-4FC4-A49A-8F9DE2868DA4.jpeg
91885A3D-B5CF-4A3D-986D-00AC32B95EFC.jpeg

Hopefully these pictures are a little clearer
I’m running the ada solar rgb right now. Thanks for the link to that post. I’m gonna try using different ferts now.

Hi all,
Hopefully these pictures are a little clearer
They are, but I'm none the wiser.

I'm going to assume it is a red algae (Rhodophyta), (mainly because its growth pattern looks a little like the marine algae <"Osmundea pinnatifida">), but after that I'm really struggling and I'm pretty sure I've never seen it before.

cheers Darrel

Back