• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Scape corner

I totally agree with the odd numbers and it has been playing on my mind when I do the water change in a bit I'm going to try and squeeze a third in at the back in the middle will have to get the hammer out though as there the smallest 2 in there and the AG guys did say it will be a different texture and colour on the inside so it's a bit of a risk to smash it up lol I did say you could have some of the ones I'd chosen lol

Was a tempting offer, but I still haven't done anything with all the mini landscape rock I brought in June, so should probably at least get that wet before I start buying anything else.

It's easy for me to say as it's not mine, but I think you should smash some as see what it's like. Hopefully they'll be enough of the outside edges left to use and you can cunningly disguise any edges that don't match.

Hopefully they'll be enough of the outside edges left to use and you can cunningly disguise any edges that don't match.
Agreed if I can just chip a corner off a larger one and have 2 or 3 nice side i will be happy with that

Hi jay,

Sorry missed your posts. Tanks are looking brilliant. The 900 is looking brilliant. Pleased you like the scissors. They are lovely aren’t they.

Millennium stone looking good. Take a bolster chisel to another small one and use the broken bit as the bottom maybe?

Could you post a pic of the inside please? I haven’t seen anyone break one up yet.

I’ll have a dig around on Thursday for you to see if we have a very very small stone at the bottom of the boxes.

Cheers

S.

Was a tempting offer, but I still haven't done anything with all the mini landscape rock I brought in June, so should probably at least get that wet before I start buying anything else
Well you need to pull your finger out that poor rock hasnt had a home since June lol

The 900 is looking brilliant. Pleased you like the scissors. They are lovely aren’t they
The tank is a lil neglected at the minute mate you should see it needs a right trim lol but just a good excuse to get the scissors out and yes they are well worth the money
Millennium stone looking good. Take a bolster chisel to another small one and use the broken bit as the bottom maybe?
Yeah il let you know what the inside is like later today hopefully you wont need to have a dig around but if you want to that fine with me lol

The inside not going to show the piece till it's in the tank lol
15674465312463113654826363291422.jpg

The insides a lot darker and angular to what I was expecting. Quite a difference to the outside.

Can’t wait to see how it looks in the tank...

Thanks jay,

That’s interesting, normal mini landscape inside, we thought so. You can really smell the acid when you open up a box or sniff a stone!

Just for your ‘above the call of duty’ investigative techniques, I’ll dig out and post you some super small bits....., assuming I can find some! :)

Haha ok thanks mate it was a pleasure and it needed to be done lol

Just filling the 45 back up il post some pics when she is there got to say I'm pretty happy with the results

It is amazing how one lil change can make so.much difference I knew it needed it but was a lil scared to ruin the stone but all worked out in the end
Pics never seem to do scapes justice or mine dont lol guess the next thing is to get a decent camera instead of a phone but I'm not sure that would make any difference lol

I agree mate it seems to fit just right giving it a sence of depth when looking at it from front on and at a angle you can kind see a path breaking to the sides at the back the lil moss gives it a aged feel and of course the stones are beautiful too just really really want the UG to take its seems to be my nemesis so I planted it at the back top left a lil higher to the light and in a higher flow and co2 area
Any tips on it are welcome lol

Tank is at 22 degrees every time it seems to melt on me but I always get a pot when I order or come down lol not going to let it get the better of me whaaaaa that pesci UG

Fantastic :wideyed:

I just caught up on this journal ... somehow you made the rock I’d envisioned (a page back) :D

Though you did forget the “plant list”;)

Pics never seem to do scapes justice or mine dont
Better camera sure
But also
Lights!
Wide angle lens to create that sense of depth
(I’ve seen amazing tanks in photos, then the IRL version is disappointing- definitely a nice tank but not the extreme tank captured in photo)

just really really want the UG to take its seems to be my nemesis so I planted it at the back top left a lil higher to the light and in a higher flow and co2 area
Any tips on it are welcome lol

I've never been able to grow UG, but have terrestrial varieties that I grow among other carnivorous plants. They seem to like lots of sun, rain or distilled water and are in an almost inert growing medium. I don't think they particularly like high ferts, so may be why I struggle with UG in planted tanks. I'm guessing they won't appreciate your investment in 5000 root tabs lol

Although I know others on here grow it like a weed, so probably just something I'm doing wrong

Back