• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rocks

becks

Im looking at the following rocks that can be found in most garden centres; Ones a rustic slate and the other is a green granite and Im undecided on what which one to use. I prefer the look of the green granite but I fear that it might look too green when wet in the tank, has anyone used something similar that can confirm if it stays looking grey/green or if it turns more emerald loosing the grey tint.

My aquascape is going to be a nature scape, with light sand on display (tropica soil will be used for the planted area) and bogwood

Because Im going to be using quite large chunks I would rather stay away from limestone based rocks.

The Rustic Slate; You can get quite large rocks.

prod_4009_rustic_slate_rockery_co.jpg

Green Granite

file.png

Perhaps purchase or ask for a small sample of each and place them in your tank under your lighting to see which you prefer. Stones do look a lot different submerse but also your lighting impacts massively so best to see yourself in my opinion :thumbup:
Personally I prefer the look of the rustic slate as rock with those sort of hues look more natural to me especially if using wood. Again though what looks best can also depend upon substrate choice/colour and planting plans :crazy:

Back