• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First aquascape!

this is my first ever aquascape, what do you guys think, and what should I stock it with?
It’s a 20g high

Attachments

• 93245B95-4E73-4A69-B4B0-EBEBD15AA472.jpeg
    93245B95-4E73-4A69-B4B0-EBEBD15AA472.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 622
Hi, welcome to the forum.
I think the scape looks great, if anything it looks slightly bottom heavy with the rockwork being more substantial than the wood, however when the plants fill in the upper area will balance nicely. There is good height and a reasonably natural shape to the scape, perhaps adding a few more epiphyte plants to the joints between the rocks will soften the transitions and make for a more natural look. Stick to a good maintenance routine and enjoy the development of the scape.
Stocking wise it’s not a massive volume however a group of ember tetras would look nice in there, as would classic neon tetras. Perhaps the deeper bodied embers would work better with the taller dimension of the tank. A species that is calm will add to the natural feel of the tank and allow hours of relaxation whilst day enjoying it.
Cheerio,

Ady34

93245b95-4e73-4a69-b4b0-ebebd15aa472-jpeg.jpg

My first impression is it looks very neat and, tidy. Then comes the BUT
1. It's over balanced/central at the rear of your Aquascape by that I am referring to, the large rock and the DW.
2. At the front of the tank one large central rock with rocks spaced either side.
My suggestions would be.
Remove the large central rock also the large rock front LH end.
With the empty space add more plants of what you have now.

Keith:wave::greenfinger:

Back