• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do i need more light ? now co2

Adzi Adam

Seedling
I have bought a Co2 kit to install on my Fluval Flex 137l

I am still running the stock light which is an aquasky 2.0 21 W

list of current plants:

Cryptocoryne Wendtii Green
Eleocharis Acicularis (Dwarf Hairgrass)
Ludwigia Repens Rubin

I could buy another aquasky 2.0 as its cheaper than buying a plant 3.0 or should i go with the plant i am running easy plants so i dont see the need to go with the plant light.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You can run CO2 with low light and get better growth. Just see how it goes. Buying more light is easy.

Thanks for your advice I will get it setup and see how I get on.

I will be dosing ferts weekly, will check on growth once I get it all setup

I have bought a Co2 kit to install on my Fluval Flex 137l - I am still running the stock light which is an aquasky 2.0 21 W
list of current plants: Cryptocoryne Wendtii Green, Eleocharis Acicularis (Dwarf Hairgrass), Ludwigia Repens Rubin
I could buy another aquasky 2.0 as its cheaper than buying a plant 3.0 or should i go with the plant i am running easy plants so i dont see the need to go with the plant light.
Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

I will be dosing ferts weekly, will check on growth once I get it all setup

by adding more lighting your plants will grow better and quicker - but the downside is that you will require more injected Co2 gas, you will have to increase your fertz regime, possibly have to increase the flow in the tank and then there is the risk of the dreaded "ALGAE" I would leave everything as it is, concentrate on getting your Co2 levels correct, add fertz on a daily basis, purchase some liquid carbon add daily and see how thing go.

Cheers
Paul

Back