• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twinstar..what is it?

Ah come on now Steven, not everyone thinks a little white thing looks cool.
Personally I hate everything in tank and this being white in particular is even worse; it could just be me though! o_O

Given a choice off black or white reactor I would get black as not in your face as much

Ah come on now Steven, not everyone thinks a little white thing looks cool.
Personally I hate everything in tank and this being white in particular is even worse; it could just be me though! o_O

Haha! I didn’t mean the thing itself, more the mist blowing. When turning it on after a large water change it’s like Sherlock Holmes's London!

Given a choice off black or white reactor I would get black as not in your face as much

Interesting, I was thinking about colour today. Couldn't make up my mind what would be best. I wonder if Twinstar thought the same hence part grey and part white!

Hi all,
Do you think those tiny bubbles are contributing to the DOC?
I'm pretty sure they will increase DO. Even though the bubbles don't look like they are increasing the gas exchange surface area they will be, and they will also get trapped in plant leaves etc.

If nano-bubbles are being generated they are very persistent and are one of the reasons for the patented <"sterilant effects"> of these kinds of kit.

cheers Darrel

I agree with you here 100% Karl
Interesting, I was thinking about colour today. Couldn't make up my mind what would be best. I wonder if Twinstar thought the same hence part grey and part white!
It still looks very white in the aquarium and with the top and support stem being white it looks very white; they're trying to make them stand out I think.
Haha! I didn’t mean the thing itself, more the mist blowing. When turning it on after a large water change it’s like Sherlock Holmes's London!
So long as you don't use London tapwater - haha

The never ending discussion on the mysterious bubble makers.... :lol:

Twinstar and Chihiros must love how much electronic ink has been consumed to discuss about their mysterious product which they have refused over and over again to demonstrate scientifically what they really do. Yet it doesn't stop people from swearing they know all about it... :rolleyes:

they have refused over and over again to demonstrate scientifically what they really do
They don't need to do this even for some human supplements. Whatever sells with the least work and cost is what works for companies.

It's a common strategy (phenomenon) Bussinesman and Politicians use.

Reality is in perception..

And its something in human nature and very ancient, but still darn effective.

Well I've not been using mine for a while now, since the last reactor I bought lasted a week before it fizzled out and stopped working.
So far there has been no noticeable difference in algal growth. But my scape is mature and biologically stable with very dense plant biomass.

Is it best to use citric acid to clean it ? You can get powder from willkinsons ?

I tried using a table spoon of bleach in a cup but still barley any bubbles

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Is it best to use citric acid to clean it ? You can get powder from willkinsons ?

I tried using a table spoon of bleach in a cup but still barley any bubbles

Thanks dean

Thats what I use, just purchased 5Kg of citric acid for £15 - should last years. Normally add a teaspoon to beaker/cup/glass and add boiling water soon descales it

Thats what I use, just purchased 5Kg of citric acid for £15 - should last years. Normally add a teaspoon to beaker/cup/glass and add boiling water soon descales it
Apparently sell it in Wilkinson's on there website so will look tomorro cheers for that

Added a spoonful to cup woth boiling water was expecting to see some fizzing etc but not seeing anything, been in there few hours now.

The tub i purchased just says citric acid for and its purpose is for wine apparently but should do same job i imagine.

Dean

Tbh the reactor didnt really looked scaled just not throwing many bubbles out at all within the space of a week or so as at first it was throwing out loads.

I am going to take out soon and put in cup of water with some prime.

Thanks dean

Just put in take and still the same not many bubbles any ideas ?

Thanks dean

How old is the reactor ?
They don't last forever !
Not entirely sure maybe 7 months or so when i purchased it. Will have a look at prices of new ones.

Thanks dean

Back