• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 90P - "Low Roar"

Just been through this thread from start what amazing work. The hards looks so good. I like the idea of the smaller rock parts around the base of the main rocks, considering this as an option for my new setup. Thanks for sharing.

Just been through this thread from start what amazing work. The hards looks so good. I like the idea of the smaller rock parts around the base of the main rocks, considering this as an option for my new setup. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks a Lot!

Yeah the small stones are actually a really impactful little detail. It's one of those "learn from nature" tricks when you think of it; outside bits and debris will naturally crack off and end down by the foot of a cliff or mountain. Also in water streams, small stones usually end there when being pushed by the flow of the water

So I'm in no way the inventor of this trick, but I thought I'll share a pretty easy way to clean up after moss trimmings. I personally prefer to do this after I've trimmed, since having both hands occupied in the tank is a quick way to disaster - I use a small Eheim 150 canister with a coarse sponge and filter floss and simply vacum all the trimmings and what not without being limited with water disappearing from water change.

20190907_101546.jpg

that looks so relaxing, enjoy it well deserved.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

that looks so relaxing, enjoy it well deserved.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Yeah, sometimes I get so caught up with maintenance that I forget to just sit and enjoy. Thankfully I enjoy the maintaining and tweaking as well, otherwise I would probably have burned out long ago :)

That’s a 600? My next one is a 2400 for my new 120p build. My tank is here and stand is coming along with lights in a few weeks. Will do a build tread when I start piecing it all together.

That’s a 600? My next one is a 2400 for my new 120p build. My tank is here and stand is coming along with lights in a few weeks. Will do a build tread when I start piecing it all together.

Es600 yes.

I asked ADA if I should go for a 1200 for my 90p, and they said it was too strong, and they exclusively use this size for 90p at the gallery. The exception is 90H where they use Es-1200. It's funny how people seem to be obsessing on the "10x turnover" rule here on forums, while ADA does things a lot slower, and their tanks are SPOTLESS ofcourse they have world class maintenance, but seeing their tanks in person, there's no denying their tank health and water clarity is second to none.
The Super Jet filters can also be packed with very dense filter media without losing flow, I think it's part of their success. The advertised flow rates actually matches real life usage

Ada tanks are soil fertilisation based, very lean ferts dosage in the water column, Hence why it doesn't need heavy filtration.;)

Ada tanks are soil fertilisation based, very lean ferts dosage in the water column, Hence why it doesn't need heavy filtration.;)

Not excactly,

I've used ADA ferts for years, and while it's true that it's a lot leaner than most methods, the soil need liquid supplementation soon after setup. Components and dosage is adjusted as the soil ages.
Fertilization and filtration are two different things, I don't think you can say they only work because of the way they use liquid supplements

I believe filter flow is more depending on the aquarium layout. Turnover is a simple result of that.
The 10x turnover rule is more a saltwater thing where people want pristine water that passes the skimmer regularly and flow for decent aeration.

So you think I should use a 1200 with the 120P. I have seen video of people using 2400’s on 120P.

Well, they had the option to sell me on the more expensive option but didn't. I think it's safe too say they (ADA staff) know these filters better than anyone and have used them for 20 years. For a standard 120p they use Es-1200, so unless you got a large amount of money to burn, I dont see a reason for buying the more expensive model :)

I believe filter flow is more depending on the aquarium layout. Turnover is a simple result of that.
The 10x turnover rule is more a saltwater thing where people want pristine water that passes the skimmer regularly and flow for decent aeration.
The 10x turnover is recommended for planted tanks on here as it takes account for the fact filters often only perform at 50% of the stated turnover once installed and filter media added.

Interesting to know the super jet filters stated turnover are the actual flow once in use.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back