• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Spawning goldfish

I would say that if the other eggs have hatched from the same batch of eggs, that the last egg is unfertilised. The eggs hatch depending on how fast they develop and it's controlled by water temperature, so you should see very little difference in the time they take to hatch if any.
Congrats on the babies though. It's been a long time since I raised any goldfish up and I think it was a bit of a failure as one grew monstrously quickly and cannabalised some of its siblings.

I would say that if the other eggs have hatched from the same batch of eggs, that the last egg is unfertilised. The eggs hatch depending on how fast they develop and it's controlled by water temperature, so you should see very little difference in the time they take to hatch if any.
Congrats on the babies though. It's been a long time since I raised any goldfish up and I think it was a bit of a failure as one grew monstrously quickly and cannabalised some of its siblings.
Hi Mort it was a purely accedemic Q it was a new .Born fry unfortunately cannibalized now but it hatched out in the same fry trap as it's brothers and sisters.
Hey ho these creatures never cease to amaze me.
Regards martinsteele1959@gmail.com

Back