• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Population explosion

I must be doing something right as my shrimps won't stop breeding! The initial six have multiplied to too many to count in the last few months. Please excuse the grainyness, I just fed them their BacterAE and then realised how many were visible so decided to take a photo. The moss at the back is thick with shrimp too.
92f1170b7b9e6b30939e446c08d18670.jpg

Sent from my [null] using Tapatalk

Congrats--you're obviously on the right track !
As the colony ( and feeding ) expands, maybe think about a couple of floating plants or dunked Pothos plant stem cutting, to deal with the Nitrate build up that may well creep up on you.
Plants that have ready access to above water surface air for their Co2 requirements, are magnitudes better at consuming Nitrate than underwater plants ( says me anyway ! ).
Good news is-------you'll need another tank soon for a different coloured variety of Neo :)

I must be doing something right as my shrimps won't stop breeding! The initial six have multiplied to too many to count in the last few months. Please excuse the grainyness, I just fed them their BacterAE and then realised how many were visible so decided to take a photo. The moss at the back is thick with shrimp too.

Hi @thatblokeoverthere

Wow - what a picture! I'm trying to increase numbers of my dwindling population of cherry shrimps. You have inspired me. Although BacterAE doesn't seem to get a mention on the following link, I thought it may be useful to include it here:

https://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/gear/the-big-shrimp-food-test/

JPC

Back