• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Good aquarium background

Question is this method is used in addition to the main tank lights right? So this is set up and used as well as the main tank lights?

Yes.. :) Since a timmer/controller/dimmer must be used, the light intensity is easily regulated. And also no need to buy or use high performing led strips.

Question is this method is used in addition to the main tank lights right? So this is set up and used as well as the main tank lights?
In short; yes, this is in addition to your main tank light and for this reason alone you don't need to go technical with the light used though as it's 'purely decoration'.
There are some quite cheap and simple led strips and tubes out there which give you the ability to adjust the brightness, which I think is almost essential but there are also others that let you adjust the colour in addition to this which can be interesting and let you set a mood.
Just make sure they are suitable for being around water! :woot:

*Sorry; for some reason it didn't show the post from @zozo onwards until I answered - strange

In short; yes, this is in addition to your main tank light and for this reason alone you don't need to go technical with the light used though as it's 'purely decoration'.
There are some quite cheap and simple led strips and tubes out there which give you the ability to adjust the brightness, which I think is almost essential but there are also others that let you adjust the colour in addition to this which can be interesting and let you set a mood.
Just make sure they are suitable for being around water! :woot:

*Sorry; for some reason it didn't show the post from @zozo onwards until I answered - strange
Thanks bud. With help from @zozo I have come up with a plan of action to get the effect I would like. And at a cheaper cost than I expected :thumbup::thumbup:

Back