• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

1600 Gallon 5 meters long planted behemoth

plantbrain

Expert
Hell frozen over.........New update:

resizedbehemoth2009.jpg

resizedleftside2009.jpg

Does not look as big as you think..........but if you sit in front of it, relax in those chairs O death that fit you better than memory foam... sip some good wine after a long day..........

You realize that it's a community.

EI dosed, CO2 is nice and high, Eco complete, that's a lot of Downoi in the front.
I suppose we will enter it in the ADA contest and do some better shots and rearrange a few things etc.

Anyone doubting EI can eat some crow 8)

Regards,
Tom Barr

hi tom,
yeh.....wow....don,t suppose you've got a step by step of the planting ;)
neil

Didn't it always look like this?

It would be great if you could put some pictures from over the years for comparison.

Cheers,

Mark

A lot of discus are off to the sides etc, he took some of them and out them at his office tank a small 450 Gallon tank :rolleyes:
That's the next tank to work on.

I'm hoping he'll go for a mossy brach and white sand set up. It's 96" x34" x 34" tank(inches- so 2.8m x 1m x 1m about).
And hopefully all small fish.

We need to trim it and do a good photo shoot for the contest.
Definitely need a good wide angel lens, Flash is tough however for this size tank.
But we do have a large array of PClights and then 4x 1000W MH's(hardly run much, maybe 2 hours a day)

Regards,
Tom Barr

I'll be round for a swim later, yeah? :p

Seriously though, it must be immense to just stand in front of this thing and watch.

How do you prune and do maintenance in a tank kthis size?

aaronnorth said:
glad you have posted an update to this, it is looking better than ever, and the anubias is stunning. A great exmaple of a long term EI tank which most people never see!

Sort of like a long term ADA tank also? :D

Amano has one and it gets over grown and he switches things in/out.
His looks easier to deal with.

Regards,
Tom Barr

George Farmer said:
I still want to feature this in PFK....

The owner has preference for TFH......and they will scream if the pics and write up is from some other mag.

I like video, so I'll try and get some posted up sometime.

Regards,
Tom Barr

:wideyed: :wideyed: :eek: :mad:
Incredibly jealous!
Is that some form of java fern wall or something else? Hows that done?

Narrow leaf java fern, it's just attached to wood and fills in that way.
See Amano's giant tank, same deal.
There are 4 types of epiphytic plants on the back wall, Anubias, Narrow leaf Java , Bolbitus and moss, left to right.

regards,
Tom Barr

Incredible, Tom. I think a catfish has my tongue, because I cannot find a better word to describe this. Wonderful bit of work. Go EI!

Back