• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Elite reg - bubble counter refills

Costa

Hi team, I find myself having to refill the bubble counter every ~6 weeks (from 80% full down to water level just below the gas tip). Is this normal? I find it too difficult to unscrew the top of the bubble counter...

Same here, I've often wondered that too. I've checked for leaks and there aren't any so I guess it just evaporates in to the tubing with the CO2 flow.

mine is the same and like you say it's a royal pain in the... having to remove the top tube then unscrew every time to refill

Yes the water slowly moves up through the tubing so empties over time.

I don’t bother refilling it any more.

To make it easier to dettach from the tubing you can get push fit connections. I think co2 supermarket sell them. Someone will have a link for the right thing.....

Normally all over the carpet! :lol:

Well yes might did leak when I first got them from the non return valve, but I sealed them up with a resin bonded cement when I first got them and they never leaked again

No mate, using the Co2art ones since thats the topic :lol:
I was trying to point you in a different direction; just take the Co2 art one out and use the JBL one.
They have a built in check valve like the CO2 art ones so just unscrew the CO2 art one then use the nut from the top to fix the CO2 tubing to the regulator or even leave it in place as an extra non return.
Sorry for any confusion!
Andrew

Coming back to this as the plastic body of the bubble counter cracked along the bottom. It was a 2 month old bubble counter that I only screwed in once and left there. Is there an alternative bubble counter I can use that fits CO2art's elite regulator? I don't think I can fit a co2 tube directly on the bubble counter connector and use a separate bubble counter as @Andrew Butler suggested (but maybe I'm wrong?)

Hi @Costa - I always used to keep a spare or 2 regardless of the CO2art ones.
Is there an alternative bubble counter I can use that fits CO2art's elite regulator?
You can connect the CO2 tubing to the regulator IF you have a non return valve of some description somewhere; whether that's a part of a bubble counter or a separate inline one - I've always used both so it you need to disconnect at any point you can leave the inline one in place and it gives you freedom with your bubble counter to remove, refill etc. (bubble counter then inline non return valve working away from regulator towards diffuser)

If you unscrew your bubble counter from the regulator there should be a small rubber 'O' ring left on the regulator, if you remove that and then look at the top of your bubble counter and how that connects to the tubing it should look pretty similar. Just remember the add the rubber 'O'' ring back if using the screw on type bubble counter.

I just found it fiddly getting into refill the bubble counter where it was on the regulator so put the JBL one in place.

Thank you very much for the instructions @Andrew Butler, I did what you suggested and it works fine. I will get that JBL bubble counter, frankly the CO2art one is very flimsy and, as I've said before, not in line with the elite reg's price tag...
Thank you and happy New year to you and yours

Back