• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Remove twinstar S model fixed legs.

buttons

Has anyone remove the fixed legs on the s model of the light, I guess one side would be easy but the other has the power cable running through it. I would like to hand the light to make maintenance easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can do it but you would need to seal the ends of the light.

will also need to remove the electric cable and then weld it back on.

Any way will be tricky, will void any warranty and hard to make look smart.

You can do it but you would need to seal the ends of the light.

will also need to remove the electric cable and then weld it back on.

Any way will be tricky, will void any warranty and hard to make look smart.

Sounds more work then I thought, it a bit of a pain on the tank at times.

I had though about unscrewing the legs and putting them back upside down then hanging the light from the upturned legs if you get what I mean the other way to do it would be a hack saw through the legs to cut them off and use the screw holes to hang the light from hence the ends still being covered as long as you cut evenly and perhaps file till smooth after

Cheers
J

I had though about unscrewing the legs and putting them back upside down then hanging the light from the upturned legs if you get what I mean the other way to do it would be a hack saw through the legs to cut them off and use the screw holes to hang the light from hence the ends still being covered as long as you cut evenly and perhaps file till smooth after

Cheers
J

I lol probably just leave it as it is, little gutted now that the sa came out after I bought the s model, a bit more flexibility with that model.

You could give twinstar a message if the lamp end covers are available as a spare part. Because the same model comes as a pendant end covers without legs.

https://twinstareu.com/s-line/

Then take a peek inside if the wiring is plugged or soldered. I have no idea what plug is at the other end of the cable connecting to the controller. And if that does fit through the end cap fitting. Depending on your DIY skills you could cut the cable and rewire the plug back and repair the cut with shrink tube after the ends are replaced. Then the repaired damage will not be at the lights side but controller side out of direct view

Back