• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can I use this light in a wabi-kusa ?

Samuel97

Seedling
Hi guys, I’m starting a wabi kusa and I want to re use my light bulb from my betta tank, It as 6400 kelvins, and around 500 lumens maybe a bit less.
I was wondering if It would do the job for a wabi kusa, I’ve seen on youtube «thecinescaper » using a light bulb, do you think I can grow a carpet ?

1578475745-ea5616df-25af-477c-8b19-12d752c99095.jpg

1578475751-24d8ea69-15f3-452e-bafd-ef6e8e5a908a.jpg

Thecinescaper video :

Don't see why not. Some folk have reservations about colour temp and spectrum and whether a light is therefore suitable for growing plants.
Most standard bulbs are also fine for growing plants too, especially desk top lamps like yours typically used for task lighting.

I think you are asking very difficult questions as there are so many variables like where the glass will be placed, the surrounding temperature and humidity.
A cold draft or warm dry air will kill the plants, you will just have to try it out for yourself and see what happens.
Something like Baby tears (Soleirolia soleirolii) will grow under a much wider range of conditions than HC.

Back