• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rhinocerous

Kezzab

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeescape.

Just about to start filling. Whoop. :)

20200118_155947.jpg

Love the name and that wood its huge, sure will look great update once filled .

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Water's cleared a bit now. The scape doesnt really work as a traditional FTS, but i think it does when you see the above water bit too. And its for my enjoyment, not a comp so thats ok.

I need to get some more crypts to plant around the base. At the back is Heteranthea zosterifolia, some AR mini and the hygrophila.

20200120_203605.jpg

....And its for my enjoyment, not a comp so thats ok.
]

The bottom line is that you need to live with it. Although, IMO, its a really interesting and dramatic statement piece. I much prefer this to the diorama style which seems to dominate the competition scapes. I love the texture on the wood and the way in which the stone mirrors this. Brill. I can't wait to see this develop.

A few details:
Wood was found on a Devon beach, unknown species.
Rocks were collected near Skiddaw in the Lakes.
Sand is from B&Q
Substrate is a mix of old Columbo floragro (i think) and new Fluval Stratum.
Using c02, but only at a low level.
Light is an AquaOne PlantGlo which im currentyly running at 50%.
Filtration is a planted sump (co2 goes straight into return pump).
K

Water's cleared a bit now. The scape doesnt really work as a traditional FTS, but i think it does when you see the above water bit too. And its for my enjoyment, not a comp so thats ok.

I need to get some more crypts to plant around the base. At the back is Heteranthea zosterifolia, some AR mini and the hygrophila.

View attachment 130869

I actually like the FTS, Looks natural and good balance of hardscape

Nice, try some Pothos in the sump, it takes a while to become established. but once it does, it grows big.

Have you thought about using a small pond waterfall pump and feeding some airline up to the tip of the largest horn. And have water trickling down it, then you could attach moss and hydro species and have them trailing down back into the water.

Back