• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Scape corner

I like the landslide.
Was about the reply that could do with a small amount of soil/plant at the back middle. but the landslide has done it for you!
Sprinkle some stones/sand over it, a bit of plant in it and happy days! :)

Agreed mate when I get to do.the water change that's what il do try and make it look like it was suposed to happen lol any other suggestions

So.planted the lil slide and covered with little sand then finished with some more stone work

20200127_220701.jpg

That's looking really good Jay and please excuse my lack of knowledge but are the large stones in the new scape Seiryu? Being a wildlife photographer, the best way I could describe them was as looking very much like the texture of an elephant's skin.

Last edited:
There actually millennium but if you smash them up there exactly the same as seiryu inside the smooth gray like elephant texture comes from an acid wash I do belive
Thanks for the help, that's a new one on me, something else to add to my knowledge bank. I see you're in Swadlincote, did you buy them locally or online and have them delivered?

I went to the one and only AG mate was the phillipe scape day was going to buy a fair amount of frodo stone till thankfully @Geoffrey Rea talked me out of it and wheeled out 3 massive boxes of millennium stone then left me for about an hr making a mess of the back room pulling it all out and getting a feel for each piece he was really helpful just kinda left me to get on with it then kept popping back in to check I was ok almost missed the start of the scape lol because it wasnt as expensive as the frodo ended up with a pile sat in the garden lol

I just cant help my self the stone kept looking at me and I had a day off so a quick drive to wharf aquatics to pick up 18ltrs tropica soil and an oase foam
and the whole day later the rescape was done View attachment 127329 View attachment 127330
I think I've found my inspiration for my next scape. What did you use for the substrate and what are the stones called? If you could also confirm the size of the manzanita pieces?

Love it more and more and this will just be a spectacular evolving scape as it matures.

I went to Bardills yesterday. And OMG they have such a Mom and Pop Feel. Left £140 lighter after splurging on some stunning fish and treats for the fish. Could not walk out of their after seeing Platinum Halfbeaks and Adult Balloon Rams.

what are the stones called? If you could also confirm the size of the manzanita pieces?
The stone is millennium from aquarium gardens
The substrate was tropica soil with oase foam holding the wood in place and filling gaps in the stone was never really happy with that scape and it came down after 5 months lol the wood was just what I had collected over the last couple of
Love it more and more and this will just be a spectacular evolving scape as it matures.
Thanks Gill where is Bardils in Leicester do they have a good fish selection I'm working g in Leicester all this month at tigers

Thanks Gill where is Bardils in Leicester do they have a good fish selection I'm working g in Leicester all this month at tigers

Toton Ln, Stapleford, Nottingham, thought I was @ Somewhere like Mayers in Shilton when I walked in. Very Laid back and friendly.
To Me a good fish selection with a few rarer fish. Some of the Cories were stunning and reasonably priced. Plants were dire though. Tank prices alot cheaper than other places.
You can even buy Clearseal 15*15*15 Tanks for betta cubes for £9.99

The stone is millennium from aquarium gardens
The substrate was tropica soil with oase foam holding the wood in place and filling gaps in the stone was never really happy with that scape and it came down after 5 months lol the wood was just what I had collected over the last couple of

Did you also mix sand with natural gravel?

So little up date a week in to the 60p cleaned the filter and replaced the floss really polishing the water up nice now the filter being cleaned had its ups and down now the flow is a better but it has moved some of the soil of the top right rock
15807579881304814590048988906618.jpg
and set some of the glosso free I can live with that the glosso might cover back over as it starts to grow lower when trimmed. Put a lot more moss in the the nucks of the rock and mixed it with some fissedens moss
15807581078811225051944348486838.jpg
planted a lot more of the marsilea hirsuta around the edges of the canyon think it helps with the transition
15807582652816364888648670815030.jpg
the glosso is starting to grow well every where else and will be trimmed in the next week or so to try and get it to grow low and compact to start to form the carpet I really want full coverage of all areas
15807584734715065645664308137176.jpg
the stems are just starting to poke up and become visible at the back I will plant a lot.more from.the 45p when I do the maintenance on it.would like the stems to form a v shape across the back when its grown in with a full bushy area
15807586106325307249327951992921.jpg
15807586388532040720641252381366.jpg
so not to bad for the first week.have kept the twinstar 600sa on 100% from the start as all plants where from previous scapes no transition period so really trying to push them along

Cheers
J

Last edited:
Back