• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Frozen food for Harlequins

BarryH

Can anyone recommend any smaller frozen food to feed to Harlequins?

I feed Bloodworm and Brine Shrimp to my coldwater tanks but the pieces seem to be way to large for the Harlequins to handle. I use the frozen packs from BCUK as that's all I can get locally.

Just cut some off the blocks when frozen to make the pieces smaller my kubotai are loads smaller the harlequins and smash blood worms lol

J

Bcuk distribute frozen baby brine shrimp which is good, plus cyclops and daphnia (unless they have really large ones) should be greedily accepted. You might need to get your lfs to order them in but if they have other bcuk foods it shouldn't be a problem.

Daphnia, Cyclops, BBS, Lobster Eggs, White Mosquito.

Also I can Send you a Starter Culture of Micro Worms. So easy to breed. Plastic tubs sits in the window and gets a sprinkle of Reddy break once a while and a pinch of yeast again when i remember. And sometimes a bit of bread. All Fish go Nuts for them. And then hunt for them in the scape.

Bcuk distribute frozen baby brine shrimp which is good, plus cyclops and daphnia (unless they have really large ones) should be greedily accepted. You might need to get your lfs to order them in but if they have other bcuk foods it shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks Mort, they're pretty good at getting stuff in so I'll ask about the ones you mentioned.

Daphnia, Cyclops, BBS, Lobster Eggs, White Mosquito.

Also I can Send you a Starter Culture of Micro Worms. So easy to breed. Plastic tubs sits in the window and gets a sprinkle of Reddy break once a while and a pinch of yeast again when i remember. And sometimes a bit of bread. All Fish go Nuts for them. And then hunt for them in the scape.
Thanks for the help and the kind offer Gill, really appreciated.

Back