• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do I keep it???

Tankless

I ordered Tropica Rotala H'ra but received Rotala Macrandra. I googled the plant and read that it requires high lighting and is a very demanding plant. I inject co2 at a moderate level, and I've set my light intensity to the lower end of the chihiros a series spectrum (3/7 intensity).

From the above, the plant doesn't sound suitable for my tank. Could anyone share their experiences with the plant?

I agree...

That said, there should be a good change you can have the shop sent sent you the H'ra as well, at least that would be good service to make up their mistake.

I've contacted the shop. I've also put the rotala in my tank. It looked as though it was on its death bed.
IMG_20200130_175811.jpg
IMG_20200130_175709.jpg

Had the same with some H'ra.

As @Siege mentioned plant it int he tank and it perked up with 24 hours and looks to be growing nicely, obviously so long as light co2 and ferts are in good order.

The rotala macrandra has not melted. I haven't noticed any submetg growth as of yet.

The seller will also be sending the H'ra. It worked out in the end. How do we achieve creeping growth with the H'ra?

Rotala Macrandra requires strong light more than everything else, apart from that quite large dose of phosphates and iron. It also requires soft to very soft and acidic water to show its full potential and it hates drastic changes (better to do small 10-15% water changes and often than 50%), I think it requires perfectly stable conditions, otherwise it will stunt or deform its leaves.
This is my Macrandra kept in temporary tank for approx 3 weeks - as you can see it's not in perfect shape and that's mainly due to poor light.

macrandra.jpg

Back