• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AQUARIUM WITH BUILT IN FILTRATION COMPARTMENT

I guess the photos might help.......

20200205_125624.jpg
20200205_161210.jpg

Most swimming pools have self adjusting skimmers and some koi pond design have auto adjusting weirs, you may get some inspiration from those designs .
I know we would be just turning a big circle but the obvious tried and tested method would to run the filter compartment without the slots and at a slightly lower level but with an auto top up in place!
Or I guess you could just place a bit of plastic over the slots so that it closes off the bottom half and leave it for a couple of hours a day.

I know we would be just turning a big circle
HAHA, if I'm being perfectly honest I'm still unsure how you thought I was going to run it in the first place.
I think the photos of leaking MKI that came wrong before I added the skimmer comb to it confused things but thought the drawings set things straight.
There are quite a few systems out there like this, exact designs vary massively though which is why I started this thread.

I'm wondering if there's a way to make that piece of plastic that covers the slots off sit at the correct level to skim and auto adjust for water level. (still include the ATO) I'd need to ensure the filtration section could overflow into the display a bit more reliably before I tried this though I think. (Ever tried routing acrylic from the side?!?)

Back