• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Island - ADA 75P - It's been a while....

Thanks for the advice bud. I do have some floating plants but not many. I should probably get a few more. Fast growers in the tank are Heteranthera Zosterifolia, Hygrophila Compact and 4 or 5 stems of orange juice.

What I learnt very quickly on here when I first started is that my perception of 'heavily planted' was way off the mark :lol:

For instance I had about 7 pots worth in my first tank and thought it was packed, in this scape I started with about 12 pots of rotala alone and now probably have an equivalent of at least 30+ pots even after thinning it out (due to replanting) ;)

What I learnt very quickly on here when I first started is that my perception of 'heavily planted' was way off the mark :lol:

For instance I had about 7 pots worth in my first tank and thought it was packed, in this scape I started with about 12 pots of rotala alone and now probably have an equivalent of at least 30+ pots even after thinning it out (due to replanting) ;)

Haha yeah I'm probably in the same boat as you. This site has definitely been an eye opener for us :eek::eek:

Waving goodbye to phone photos :wave:

20200123_193526.jpg

Nice one, looking forward to see what you do with it.

I'm personally waiting for the IV to come out (hopefully here in February).

Yeh I'd love to wait on the mk4 as well but it will be out of my price range when first out and got this for an offer I couldn't refuse. Loving the size and feel of it compared to my old Canon DSLRs I had a few years ago

Trying to wade through the world of lenses at the minute, think my first purchase will be a fairly cheap walk about lens like the samyang 24mm f2.8 and it might double up as a good lens for shooting the tanks as well, any tips on lenses are more than welcome

Made a last minute decision to make my first ever EAPLC entry last week with this tank. Scape is far from 'ready' and needs a couple more months to mature and it may not be a traditional 'nature' scape but it will be a good learning curve for me

Not expecting it to do well at all as it's not a patch on the vast majority of natural scapes entered in this but it's just a bit of fun and was a good excuse to use my new camera :lol:

Screenshot_20200204-222636_Gallery.jpg

Looking bang on bud :thumbup: If that's not fully grown out yet, cant wait to see when it is. And stunning appistagramma too

That device stuck on the left panel of the tank, is that your diffuser?

Thanks for the kind words mate, the white ugly thing is a chihiros doctor :thumbup:

It looks very good. What size were the manzanita pieces that you used within the scape?

Thanks @Tankless, manzanita was various pieces between 20cm and 60cm long

It's looking great, good luck in the EAPLC ;)

Cheers Tim much appreciated, think I'll need it but looking forward to seeing how it all works and see if I get the bug for future entries or not :snaphappy:

Thanks @Onoma1 :)

Much appreciated @CooKieS and it was a bit more orange/red last week on the run up to the 'final shot' when it was at 80% on the vivid but it also started bringing on GSA on the glass so it's back down to 60% while I try to understand why (and lost a bit of colour on new growth in turn)

Back