• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Island - ADA 75P - It's been a while....

@Mark Keetch it's on 24/7 but it doesn't operate all the time, how often it turns on is covered by itself depending on the tank volume and TDS (so maybe every 20min or so)

Ah gotcha. I might look into one if I ever get algae issues I cant control. But so far so good in relations to algae :)

I don't use it for algae, I use it to add oxygen since I run co2 with minimal surface agitation :)

Finished 2nd against some very talented scapers, very happy with that :)

Screenshot_20200207-205353_Instagram.jpg

Ah that's brilliant dude. Congrats. You should be happy with that seeing you were just entering it for a bit of fun :thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers buddy but this was just an Instagram thing ages ago, I could only dream of even breaking the top 100 in EAPLC :lol:

Huh? So you got 2nd in the Tropica competition? Not the EAPLC? Sorry bud, I never heard of the EAPLC let alone know what kind of talent goes into it :rolleyes:

Yeh mate, the one above was just one of the Tropica community features where they pick 10 scapes that fit one of their themes for that month and let the public vote on them

EAPLC is a formal competition with a judging panel and set rules and criteria and affiliated to ADA

I was wondering if my tank was still ranked as I've closed my account?

Yeh mate you got 3rd :) Fabian Beck (Scapeling) who is sponsored and has 8000+ followers won it

Yeh mate, the one above was just one of the Tropica community features where they pick 10 scapes that fit one of their themes for that month and let the public vote on them

EAPLC is a formal competition with a judging panel and set rules and criteria and affiliated to ADA
Gotcha. Well still, fair play bud. Definitely something worth bragging about :clap:

Yeh mate you got 3rd :) Fabian Beck (Scapeling) who is sponsored and has 8000+ followers won it

Good to hear that even on something as full of advertising and sponsors like Instagram , some random aquascapers can rank high. All is not lost.:D Congrats buddy

Exactly my thinking @CooKieS

Nice gesture from the guy that won it below (who is sponsored by Tropica along with a few of the other entries) and has offered to pass the prize to me since he already gets looked after by Tropica anyway

Screenshot_20200208-200019_Instagram.jpg

I would be chuffed, well done mate well desereved and well done cookies

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Cheers @Deano3 fibgers crossed we might see more of the UKAPS members popping up in some of these competitions etc, even if just for a bit of fun

They are run on Tropicas page on Instagram. I placed first once myself... unfortunately not for my own work but for advertising theirs o_O screenshot below.

I have also been successful in the gallery competition Maidenhead Aquatics runs which whilst less aquascape focussed. It’s invariably an aquascape that wins (obviously they look the best!!). https://www.fishkeeper.co.uk/gallery/

Attachments

• F06010FD-1B4A-41A0-91F9-BE6C3F7E8EF3.jpeg
    F06010FD-1B4A-41A0-91F9-BE6C3F7E8EF3.jpeg
    405.8 KB · Views: 196
It's been a while....

As with most, I'm sure the past year has seen a lot of things in our lives prioritised over others (personally for some really good things and some not so).

Hope everyone is doing OK within their own circumstances and managing to keep a smile on their face in some way

From the high of making my first entry into EAPLC earlier last year with this tank to the low of it being neglected during the first lockdown as I didn't have the time to spend on the upkeep of a higher energy tank and it took its toll, my 2 smaller tanks faired better as they were low energy but they have both now been shut down so I can focus on getting thie 75p back to something I can enjoy again...

So it's a new year and a new scape for the 75p

IMG_20210104_090454_759.jpg

might as well end this journal by sharing a few of the images that i failed to last year....

here is my EAPLC 2020 competition entry image

Calum McGregor EAPLC 2020.jpg

forgot to mention the above scape placed 85th in EAPLC last year, if i'm honest i was just happy to pull something 'reasonable' together and get an entry in at all, big learning curve even down to the photography side of it
EAPLC-2020-Medium.jpg

Back