• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UKaps Aquascaping Tools

Would you pay £36 for good tools?

• YES!

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • NOPE!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dave the white is in luton town colours isn't it? Dont think anyone is gonna go to the effert to add peach and navy to it. lol

Im thinking black too. white gets dirty too quickly and beer stains show. he,he

Andy

Lisa, the black and white ones are a bit too expensive i recon. They would work out at about £15 each.

I'm having real troubles paying for the tools. I've sorced them from India, they want me to pay via Western Union but my payment was rejected because "it is against Indian government regulations" the lady on the phone said. She couldn't tell me why? any ideas anyone?

The other method is via "TT" apparently this is just a normal bank transfer to an account abroad but it costs an extra £30!!!! this is going to make the tools more expensive and for the samples this makes it too expensive. I've emptied the UKaps donations account and all the founders have chipped in. I think it'll be another few weeks before i can resolve this.

Any advice on purchasing from abroad would be great.

Thanks guys.

Dan

Dan I would be very suspicious of anyone looking for payment by Western Union, you have no comeback whatsoever if the goods do not turn up, its like giving someone cash.

First rule on ebay is never pay anyone by Western Union money transfer, its the scammers No.1 money transfer route of choice.

I would be careful giving out my bank details as well, not sure what other way you can do it though.

Hmm, all sounds odd. you could refuse to pay for anything until you have all units available, have you asked your bank what they recommend? they're there to help with things like that after all.

Cheers guys, i've asked if i can send a cheque and i'm waiting for a reply. It's a proper company by the looks of it but you never can tell.
I might go back to the bank and see what they say.

haha, no its the prototype ighetto :')
Unfortunately that's not me, I'm bottle blonde.

Dan Crawford said:
The other method is via "TT" apparently this is just a normal bank transfer to an account abroad but it costs an extra £30!!!! this is going to make the tools more expensive and for the samples this makes it too expensive. I've emptied the UKaps donations account and all the founders have chipped in. I think it'll be another few weeks before i can resolve this.

Any advice on purchasing from abroad would be great.
Telegraphic Transfer is very expensive method to use, mainly because it's a same day service - ie the funds are available that day. Our bank charges us £25 for the pleasure.

Other options include CHAPS payments, SWIFT and international money order - alas I don't work in the accounts department at my place, so I don't know much more other than the TT one as we use it to pay pensioners' lump sums the odd time (at their cost of course).

Have a gander here for more info on types of payment, however really it is up to the individual bank concerned over what they charge I *think*

Edited to correct spelling!

Thanks a lot Ulster Exile thats great! CHAPS looks quite promising, i'll speak to my bank and see what they charge.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Yup, they should be arriving either today or tomorrow! woo hoo!

Once we've tested them i'll let you know whats what!

Exciting stuff hey. :D

providing they are ok then yes they will be £36.00 + P&P.

We'll see about the ebay shop, we only really have the tools to sell. There is loads of stuff that i can come up with but actually getting people to part with their hard earned cash is really hard, plus the only funds that we have to are the paypal donations and plants sales so there is limited cash with witch to develop thing further. We'll see how we get on with the tools and go from there.

Loving the enthusiasm :)

Dan Crawford said:
the only funds that we have to are the paypal donations and plants sales so there is limited cash with witch to develop thing further.
Loving the enthusiasm :)

Sounds like you could do with some of the enthusiasm translating into paypal donations! :p The advice we all get on here is worth a lot, so those who can should donate a little rather than just relying on the founders. All those who agree, click the little button in the top right hand corner ;)

Put my name down for a set as well.

Just out of interest how much would P+P be? (or did i mis-read the post?)

Any updates aboutt the t shirts. Black would be good for me (large :rolleyes: )

Cheers

Back