• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help choosing a tank

jonnysutton11

Hi all
Looking to star a fresh water tank up again after 6 years so a lot has changed my last tank a had a custom made tank and t5 but now tanks are led
I have been looking at the aqua one aqua vogue and fluval roma
But not sure how these will do for plants
Oy looking at a low set up cryps and vallis and anibias
I've spoke to my local shop who says there is a new roma coming out with new led soon which fluval confirmed but I do like the look of the aqua vougue and I can fit my external filter on without cutting any of the tank
Any help will be great
Thanks

Roma 200 aquarium dimensions 100cm x 40cm x 55cm(tall)
This water column height is much more challenging to light (with moderate + substrate PAR) - HOT5 with decent reflectors will come out much cheaper than LEDs
The LED unit included in the Roma series tend to be sufficient light intensity for fish viewing rather than plant growth, especially given the tank height ... but as you mention a new LED is coming out, perhaps Fluval is beginning to address this issue - can you obtain LED specifications?

The supplied filter is also rather inadequate for planted tank flow (I think Jewell does a better job with their AIO systems)

Sometimes by the time you complete the lighting and filter upgrades, these AIO kits no longer come out much cheaper

Also check the Sale section for used tanks - there have been some extraordinary deals (especially as George Farmer had mentioned perhaps switching out his EA1200 for a smaller tank)

(Some shops also seem to have rather good payment plans if you’re open to that route, also look for old stock/demo deals ... Interzoo 2020 happens in May so lots of new stuff hitting the market)

Thanks alto
I have my filter from old tank so any new filter would be sold as I have a efx 400 so more than enough all I've heard about the new led from fluval is its not as good as the aqua sky but better then the one before but wouldn't say much more so shall wait and see I guess and maybe worth waiting till May then with the interzoo

Back