• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Woodland Troll - Take Four

It really is all the Fault of the Damned #$@&%*!!! Moss
Absolutely alto, I finished off attaching it whilst the wood was out of the tank this time. I'll probably take the clingfilm off and find it dry and dead, and have to do it all again :rolleyes:
(and lacking that 3rd hand to steady everything :p)
How many times do you wish you had another pair of hands? I bet General Grievous is dead good at scaping...

latest?cb=20190126200927.jpg

Absolutely alto, I finished off attaching it whilst the wood was out of the tank this time. I'll probably take the clingfilm off and find it dry and dead, and have to do it all again :rolleyes:

How many times do you wish you had another pair of hands? I bet General Grievous is dead good at scaping...

latest?cb=20190126200927.jpg

He couldn’t handle fighting off a Jedi with one saber, I’m afraid his aquascaping skills couldn’t be that impressive......dark side problems am I right?

and hearing hidden messages in music

We have a phenomenon in our country named "Mama Apple sap"
It started all with this and think "Mama Apple sap" when and you hear it.

It was a very popular radio program named like that where people could send in what Dutch words or sometimes compleat sentences they could hear in foreign language songs. And it went on for years that much...
Mama apple sap is the only one that also still works in English i know of because apple sap is apple sap in both languages.

Last edited:
Shame when things like this happen. Bet abit of swearing occured!

yep, in my last scape the Wood started to float after finished planting and filling...that moment I were thinking why I’m still in this hobby. :D

For fixing mosses I like to use superglue, not as fine looking as tied at the beginning but more precise, secured and fine growing when using small batches and small amounts of glue. ;)

Good to hear your inner Jedi didn't sucume to anger and the dark path :thumbup:

If it was easy there would be no challenge ;)
Haha...

“Once You Start Down The Dark Path, Forever Will It Dominate Your Destiny.”

Yoda, Return of the Jedi.

Looks great great planting, is that buce ontop of the wood and what plant is around the bottom of the wood as looks very well done, looking forward to seeing this grown in, glad all planted now you can relax and enjoy, them roots around back of the rock look amazing and so natural

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Looks great great planting, is that buce ontop of the wood and what plant is around the bottom of the wood as looks very well done, looking forward to seeing this grown in, glad all planted now you can relax and enjoy, them roots around back of the rock look amazing and so natural

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Thanks Dean, it's the buce on top of the wood. I'm hoping to get it growing emersed. The plant growing around the bottom of the wood is Anubias sp. ‘Petite’. It grew from two small pots in the last scape.

Stunning as always.
Don't know why but this reminds me of the Angelica Houstons final witch transformation in "The Witches"

Stunning as always.
Don't know why but this reminds me of the Angelica Houstons final witch transformation in "The Witches"
Thanks Gill :)
Now why does my azalea efforts seem lacking and you pull it off like this:(nice work Tim:)
Thanks PARAGUAY :)

This is what it looked like first thing this morning. Initial thoughts were the cat had been for a swim and stirred it all up. 100% water change and it's back to normal...

49578865152_e2fca55561_b.jpg

Thanks CooKies, you may well be right ;) Theres a film over the entire tank and glass, I think it's just the residue off the gravel. I did wash most of it and dry it in the oven. But then I had to add some more after it went Pete Tong and couldn't be bothered to wash it first :rolleyes: I think there might have also been a little tannin off the wood. Anyway, I've deployed the trusty surface skimmer, that should help a little :)

Back