• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Problem with Green Spot Algae and Green Dust Algae, the rest types of algae are under control

That's why I got almost 0 dkh because of my tank size so I have to add less CO2.
This is bad, very bad and is probably the source of your algae issues. With 0dKH you have no buffer capacity thus will encounter rapid pH swings due to CO2, rotting plants, fish poo etc which is a 100% sure way to grow algae (and kill fish). You mustn't use pure RO, it must be used with some form of slight hardening, whether it is cut with tap water, calcium carbonate added or some commercial salts added.

1. What does your drop checker say ? Seems awfully small amount of CO2 for such a large tank.
2. For such a large tank, I very very very very much doubt a glass diffuser will get anywhere decent enough CO2 levels and distribution.
3. Your water is awfully soft, which again leads to many issues. Try hardening it with tap water or calcium carbonate to at least 4dKH, even better 8.. With soft water and CO2 you are never far away from pH crashes and associated livestock issues !!!
4. What level filtration are you using as well as spray bars etc ?. For a high tech tank with CO2 you will be needing a filtration rate of at least 700 US G per hour, to stand any chance of enough flow and distribution of CO2.

Well I managed to get dark green with the drop checker.

Macro dose Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday.
Micro dose Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.
hoggie

So that means Monday and Sunday will get Macros so in other words micros will be dosed on 3 days a week and macros 4 days a week?

Yes!
Your dosing a daily routine with GLA PPS-PRO & Plantex CSM + B .

The estimated Index dosing regime is as below.
Macros should be dosed for 3 days!
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Trace dosing relates to (T) Tuesday and Thursday!
Saturday is a rest day from dosing!
Sunday water change day.
I hope that helps!
hoggie

Back