• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi there!

JeffK

Hey everyone.

I'm Jeffrey, 28 years old and I'm from The Netherlands.

Now that I have more time left due to the virus and all, I decided to become a member of the UKAPS forum, although I started peeking in here a while ago. I'm not much of a high tech lush green jungle person, but I sure can learn a lot from you guys.

Anyway, here's two of my three tanks. I don't have pretty pictures of the third one. Hard to get a good shot and providing the same details as when looking in.

My little West Africa community tank:
DSC_0020-01.jpg

And my South America community tank:

DSC_0045-01.jpg

Thanks for popping in. Hope we can learn from eachother.

Cheers!

Hi all,
My little West Africa community tank:
I am enjoying this. Great roots and you have some great fish,'Barbus' hulstaerti and a Lamp-eye, Poropanchax normani? They are much more yellow than the ones I kept.
And my South America community tank:
Brilliant, which is the "mimic" tetra with your Corydoras hastatus? is it Hypressobrycon elachys?

cheers Darrel

Thank you!

Hi all,

I am enjoying this. Great roots and you have some great fish,'Barbus' hulstaerti and a Lamp-eye, Poropanchax normani? They are much more yellow than the ones I kept.

Brilliant, which is the "mimic" tetra with your Corydoras hastatus? is it Hypressobrycon elachys?

cheers Darrel

Thank you Darrel!

You're right, they're 'just' P. normani. I also noticed they are very yellow. It might be because I almost exclusively feed frozen brine shrimp.

And there's two characins in there, actually! You're correct about H. elachys, but there's also Serrapinnus kriegi!

The three species together form a formidable school. It's great to see.

Back