• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Schism reimagined...

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
I intended to create a wood and rock hardscape, but somehow came up with this Iwagumi style hardscape, just as well really considering my recent track record with wood.

I'm going to use the plants I managed to salvage from the last scape, mainly Crypts and mini hair grass, and some epiphytes etc. So the planting will be a bit different to that usually associated with this style scape. If I don't like it I can always change it later ;)

49797623127_90c6b5544f_b.jpg

49797623017_ec9d029250_b.jpg

49797314826_8d80fc8acd_b.jpg

.....ahh, this is what the next plan is.....no messing around!
Hardscape looks great Tim.
Wife wasn't too enamoured with the smell of baking AS though :D
Seems everyone is all over baking in the current climate, although I’d much prefer the kids cornflake tart or the Mrs scones any day :facepalm::lol:
Hopefully this scape can bring the right feelings.....

Hi Tim, this
scape looks way more promising than the previous one , plus the fact you won’t be annoyed with wood mulm this time! ;)

Well done and good luck ! :)

Thanks guys, I just hope I haven't lost my plant growing mojo :confused:

I've made a small adjustment to the smallest (Suteishi) stone on the left and replaced the Suteishi stone on the right.
It's amazing how important these small but supporting stones can be to the balance of the whole layout.

I hope to plant it today. The real challenge will be to see if I can make it work with what's left of the plants from the last scape.
If it doesn't, I'll redo it with more traditional Iwagumi plants.

49800567778_b1f125c4ae_b.jpg

So good.
Love the fact that the canyon is only visible from a certain angle and yet the scape overall looks superb even when you can’t see it.

Back