• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

emersed

Nick16

right, i am setting up my new tank and i want to get cracking. but i am going on holiday to iceland at the start of april for a week. my question is, what plants can be grown emersed and is there a time limit as to how long they should be left before i fill it, i dont want to come back and find them all dead.

i know HC and glosso can be grown emesed but not sure on any others.

what about p.helferi or Eleocharis Acicularis can these be grown emersed?

Nick16 said:
right, i am setting up my new tank and i want to get cracking. but i am going on holiday to iceland at the start of april for a week. my question is, what plants can be grown emersed and is there a time limit as to how long they should be left before i fill it, i dont want to come back and find them all dead.

i know HC and glosso can be grown emesed but not sure on any others.

they sure can. theres an endless list of plants that can be grown emerged. thats how tropica and aquafleur do it.

Almost every plant except vallis, lilies and a few others will grow emersed, but you need to keep the humidity up and make sure it doesn't dry out. I'd probably fill the tank with water and set the CO2 high without fish and making rig up some drip dosing system for ferts if you can? Won't look pretty above the tank, but then you won't be there to see it!

If you're going to do this, cover the tank with cling film and if you can, get someone to mist inside the tank twice a day.

my family will be home so they can use the spray mister, thats not a problem.

i dont want HC as that is too fiddly seeing as this will be my fisrt real attempt at a planted tank rather than putting the fish in and then plants around them. but i want to have a go at some emersed growth!

do crypts do well at all? or p.helferi,Eleocharis parvulus (and Acicularis for that matter)?? i guess i could but a pot of something and see.

Back