• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

John starkey 450lts 112g journal new pics 10/5/2009

Re: John starkey 450lts 112g journal new pics added today 30/3

Hi All,

thanks for kind remarks,on the left hand side at the rear next to c,balansae there is some l.glandulosa growing (slowly)and some l,aromatica,so in time it will look different again in that corner,

regards john.

Re: John starkey 450lts 112g journal new pics added today 25/03/

Stunning tank John, I love it

Re: John starkey 450lts 112g journal new pics added today 30/3/

BLAM! Father Starkey comes up trumps....mate, that Stouragym carpet is brilliant.....uber clean and uber healthy....and who says ya cant teach on old dog new tricks ahy pal.....good woork.... 8)

Good Job on the new look John!!! Its got a nice, fresh feel to it and the plants all look superb!

Looking great, nice carpet too, been wanting to a s. sp. carpet for ages, just need the right quantities and its not cheap! lol
Awsome tank, congrats John :)

Hi John, tank is looking great, nice and healthy too :)

Hey John.
Nice tank, mate. I'd be well chuffed :D
Loving the Sterbai.

Hi All,

once again thanks to you all for the kind remarks,i can tell you this tank keeps me on my toes,but then thats what this planted tank hobby is all about,if you keep on top of things and good husbandry then you will be rewarded with a nice setup with healthy plants,healthy fish and a living picture which is always changing,

regards john.

Hi John,

i was just wondering what fish you have in your tank, and how well they shoal?

Regards,

Dan.

No idea idea how I missed this beauty... Sorry, John, old bean!

The plant health is super and aquascape excellent, done justice by the photography too.

Great stuff, all round! :D :D

TDI-line said:
Hi John,

i was just wondering what fish you have in your tank, and how well they shoal?

Regards,

Dan.

Hi Dan,
As i havent done this on here i thought it a good idea to give the full setup spec,

tank is 150x50x60cm,about 400ltrs (98g) after displacement,
filters are two eheim 2028s,
i koralia 2,
2 heaters (internal) wish i had got the external,
diffuser is a rhinox 5000, co2 is on two hrs before lights,and off one hrs before lights,
co2 is run at 4/5 bps
lighting is an arcadia luminaire with four 54w t5s,tubes are one jbl nature,two plant pros,one philips t5,
photo period is run like so,two tubes on at 2pm=108w,all four tubes on just for 1.5 hrs 1500 until 1630=216w then two tubes on until 1030pm,total period 8.30 hrs.

Plants,
C,balansae,
C,wedtii green and brown,
C,tropica,
R,rotundifolia,
L,rubins red,
L,aromatica,
Bylyxa japonica,
Microsorum pteropus "windelov"
stourogyne,
Anubias barteri var.nana,
Anubias barteri var."coffeefolia"
Plant food,10 mls of easy life profito 5 days a week,7mls of tropica plant nutrition + 5 days a week, 15mls of easylife easy carbo 5 days a week t(his is only fed when lights are on as it is taken up inside the hour so i have been told), one rest day.
Fish,
98 cardinal tetras (was 100 but have lost two in 18mths) :( they shoal occasionally, but feeding time is great to watch)
12 rummy noses (hemigramus rhodostomus)shoal brilliantly
6 flying foxes (crossocheilus siamensis)
2 corydoras sterbai
8 redline torpedo barbs

The tank has been running for nearly two years with no real algae issues,i change 40% of the water every week,and clean the filters once a month alternatley,
i do plant pruning as and when needed.

Thanks for looking in regards John.

George Farmer said:
No idea idea how I missed this beauty... Sorry, John, old bean!

The plant health is super and aquascape excellent, done justice by the photography too.

Great stuff, all round! :D :D

Thank you George,

regards john.

Glad to see this is still going well John! What I really miss about not having a larger tank is the limitations on plants and fish, I love those sterbai, I had 4 in my tank a good while back but swapped them last year.

I might get a chance to have a gander at John's tank in the flesh on Monday :) Really looking forwards to how it's changed since I last saw it!

Love the tank John, looks really natural. I'd love to come and stare at it for a few hours in real life again - hint :lol:

Back