• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

my first nano 'Swan H'

I will update soon with more photos. Things are progressing very well still. Amazing shrimp growth! Looking back at the old pics from when I last updated, I can't believe how small they used to be!

I'm actually thinking it's now reaching it's 'peak' in terms of growth. I'm starting to think about bashing the big rock up, and doing a bit of a rescape.

I need to find a better way to weight down my moss. I think it is indeed, stringy moss, not java. And as such, it's not going to cover up the mesh.

It's been a great read this journal, it's certainly helping me with what to expect from the ammonia leeching into the tank, knowing I have the same sized tank, but with a larger filter.
I've been in discussion with a LFS about ordering a set of CRS from them and knowing that your tank took about a month to cycle, I can let them know when I should be ready for them.

Clark I'm glad my jounal has helped you :D

I gave the HC it's first big trim today. I noticed that a few leaves at the bottom were turning a bit yellow. So I've uprooted most of it, and spread out what remained.

I'm going on holiday to Spain tommorow (and the weather forcast predicts rain!!). When I get back I'm going to 'rescape' and bash up that big rock.

Here is the tank 'before' trim:

DSCF1047.jpg

DSCF1048.jpg

DSCF1049.jpg

DSCF1050.jpg

And 'after':
DSCF1055.jpg

DSCF1056.jpg

DSCF1057.jpg

This is what I took out:
DSCF1051.jpg

Back