• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Always room for just one more....

Such a nice peacefull tank, I like it! Lovely fish too always wanted one of those but never had the right space for it..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Thank you, I do enjoy watching it, the fish are so interesting.
Captured another image of the notho:

061DCE5B-E414-4E3A-A0AC-367BE2AC9C85.jpeg

and a few of the spotted rainbows which are near impossible to capture in focus:

4B64934B-04F5-455B-87C9-48631020EAA3.jpeg

B7C07C61-81EC-4BFF-B009-C25936EBABB9.jpeg

1827B9EB-E3B6-4447-BB2D-2827B4FCA7E5.jpeg

Ooh I really like this, it reminds me of a wildflower meadow where the edges have been mown. Looks really great, love the mix of grasses with the lotus and the two interestingly-shaped leaf/ball & stem plants in the foreground.

Hi @Ady34 tanks looks very vibrant and clean lovely carpet looks simple but we both know mixing those plants to get the right hight and look is very difficult to achieve but you have smashed it mate qell done really nice
thanks Jay and Shangman, I’m really liking the textures and the slight variations in the tenellum and the saggitaria, which has taken on its higher form, works well. I wasn’t sure about the ranunculus in here but I’ve decided I like it. The eriocaulon cinereum is subtle but the ball shoots are a nice interesting addition.

cheerio,

I have received my lightscreen this week also, I like the checked wallpaper look in the living room, however it’s not a great backdrop for an aquarium so I fancied something a little more in keeping. I’ve never been a fan of blue backgrounds, however I see lots of images of tanks with the graded blue with light screens and it looks really nice so thought why not.
It certainly looks much more natural and the backlight gives an extra depth to images and certainly helps highlight the fish :D

1A500D51-01F0-478C-801B-BB03C58E9991.jpeg

cheerio,

^^ Ditto to Jacks questions too Ady, as I'm thinking of getting one too.

Also, as you tank is in a corner, similar to myself, do you have a lights screen on the wall end also, or just the rear?

Edit: it'd be cool to see a FTS with it on.

Amazing shot I've decided that I need a lightscreen now, they look so cool

Looks great! Where did you source your light screen from? ADA, diy or something else?
^^ Ditto to Jacks questions too Ady, as I'm thinking of getting one too.

Also, as you tank is in a corner, similar to myself, do you have a lights screen on the wall end also, or just the rear?

Hi Jack and Wookii,
Yeah it’s an ADA one, just on the rear of the tank, the end pane has a light coloured wall behind it so not as bad as the check wallpaper :lol: Also I have the glassware on the end so couldn’t put a screen there.
I will say the Ada screen doesn’t fit the ea tanks. The ea glass is 8mm, a 60p is 6mm so the supplied hooks are designed for a 6mm 60p tank and are too small. I’ve had to improvise which is not what you’d ideally want to do with a high end light screen 😬
Amazing shot I've decided that I need a lightscreen now, they look so cool
They are cool :cool:

I’ll get a FTS soon :D
Cheerio

Here you go, taken from an angle a) because it looks nicer from here and b) because it hides the dirty filter pipe 😬:lol:

6CFC99C5-CEE3-473E-B7A8-0C36A867A867.jpeg

Cheerio,

Wow now thats a carpet mate looks amazing like the back light adds a different dimension to it entirely how old is it now

Wow now thats a carpet mate looks amazing like the back light adds a different dimension to it entirely how old is it now
Thanks Jay, it’s 10 weeks old today :D

Wow mate that is looking really good I don't think I'd want it to grow too much more lol really like the transition from.carpet to Ranunculus that is a lovely plant

Once back on track it was great to see the plants developing and I decided to add some more inhabitants. I added some ss grade crs and crb along with some Pseudomugil gertrudae; spotted blue eyed rainbowfish, which suited my water and the scape.
The new additions added another level of interest and it’s great to watch the tank as the rainbows are always on the move in all water levels, in and out of the plant mass.....they are also near impossible to get a decent image of so I’ve attached a very recent image of a bluefin Notho killifish addition instead :lol:

View attachment 154962

View attachment 154963

View attachment 154965

View attachment 154966
View attachment 154967

View attachment 154964

View attachment 154968

That’s pretty much up to date.
The plants went crazy and a couple of days ago I noticed a little melt on some of the plants again. This was likely due to the increased plant mass and the resultant demands on co2 and nutrients. So yesterday, 2 months after filling, I carried out a major trim and thin of the plants. The tenellum in particular had taken over, it was everywhere and in everything :p I simply pulled and snipped it and it’s runners from everywhere it wasn’t supposed to be. There was a cluster of tenellum red at the right foreground which had grown tall and covered the hygrophila araguaia, most of this was removed and the hygrophila is now visible again which is nice. The scape looks tidier again and has a nice shape.
The largest lotus leaves were removed to encourage more compact growth, the Monte Carlo was mown and generally a little tidy up of the hygrophila pinnatifida, ranunculus and Christmas moss.
All in all I’m pleased with how this tank has developed and chuffed to have a carpet :cool:
I’ll leave this post now up to date with an image taken last night right after trimming. I do have a lightscreen on order which should hopefully be here this week and will finish the background off nicely.
The scape wasn’t designed to be best viewed from full frontal, but with the plant trim and shape it looks quite nice this way also :)

View attachment 154969

Cheerio,
Your tank looks beautiful. I enjoyed your journal and it showed the value of perserverence 👏👏

Lovely tank and shots Ady! What’s your gear for taking those pics?

the led backlight really adds a nice touch, loving my chinese one too :)

Them plants blend perfectly into each other, what a beautiful tank to sit back and admire!. That killifish is stunning and that light screen has added a whole new dimension

Wow mate that is looking really good I don't think I'd want it to grow too much more lol really like the transition from.carpet to Ranunculus that is a lovely plant
Yeah I feel like it could be grown in now already.
I find this tank so interesting to watch :)
Your tank looks beautiful. I enjoyed your journal and it showed the value of perserverence 👏👏
Thanks Nigel.
Lovely tank and shots Ady! What’s your gear for taking those pics?

the led backlight really adds a nice touch, loving my chinese one too :)
Yeah loving the backlights.
I just use my iPhone 11 to take images....in combination with an occasional Instagram filter ;)
Them plants blend perfectly into each other, what a beautiful tank to sit back and admire!. That killifish is stunning and that light screen has added a whole new dimension
Cheers Paul, I love the little Notho, he’s an absolute character and a stunning fish.
Cheerio,

This little tank has done great, the plants have been growing wild so it needed another haircut (probably 2 weeks ago to be honest) so out came the scissors at the weekend. Many plants were thinned as the mass was suffocating and the runner plants (tenellum, ranunculus and saggitaria) were literally everywhere. It would be easier to remove small runners more regularly when one is spotted where it shouldn’t be. When you leave them they get under and in every other plant so removing them is invasive, destructive and time consuming.....
Anyway, removed a lot of plant mass and it should settle into itself again but is much improved.

before:
8FDF7F6D-4304-4022-BCD1-F1173FB93BCF.jpeg

During:
E5BC4A0F-9E28-41C5-898B-FDB14E8A54F8.jpeg

Water change:
21A6E8BE-8489-45E0-9817-39050A80DD5C.jpeg

complete:
09FA245C-98F6-414C-BF8C-613646724AF3.jpeg

Cheerio,

Looks great lights screen looks really good. Very natural looking setup

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Looks great lights screen looks really good. Very natural looking setup

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Thanks @Deano3, also thanks for the neon blue rasbora, they are settling well and look stunning. I’m going to add more this week....
33FB1B07-8646-4175-BB49-37E26CB8265A.jpeg

I'm liking the delicate textures Ady 👍
Thanks Tim, me too, there is so much going on even within a few inches....
761F8847-83C9-4C66-AB45-65483992A2CA.jpeg

Here’s a nerite snail pic just because he came out and I don’t see him too often......
37B946D0-C5E2-4248-B9D5-80720BF7AD7E.jpeg

Cheerio,

Last edited:
Back