• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Cube Garden 90P Build

Had thought about that one Andrew. But wasnt sure as not seen in real life.
Looks amazing . If you can, go for it ; there’s no way you’ll regret it ...and I thought about it 10 times before I spent the money.
Even my wife (which was very hesitant of agreeing with the 300$ price tag) was impressed .

Great looking tank! Keep an eye on the AR, once it really starts growing it can make the scale of your aquascape out of wack relative to the foreground planting.

DAY 36
IMG_20201119_125353.jpg

Last edited:
Looks pretty cool. Does it work well in your experience? :)

No idea, I've never used one - though I would anticipate that organic waste would foul the resin quicker than it would if you filtered the water change water though it first instead. Personally I'd rather spend the £270 these cost on a decent RO unit, but to each his own I guess.

To the OP, fantastic carpet growth you've achieved there, it looks very healthy!

Looks pretty cool. Does it work well in your experience? :)
I've only just put in so will keep you posted. I do have a RO unit from my old reef tank however to get 25ltrs of RO water I could fill a bath with the outflow. Due to being on a water meter I thought I'll get the return of investment back quicker.

Hi all,

Is rainwater an option?

cheers Darrel
Darrel, I have been reading about this quite a lot since joining the hobby again, and this forum. Never heard of it before. Hoping not to sound too naive, how do you collect rain water?! :) Is it literally just a bucket in the backyard and some traditional rainmaking, or is there anything else here that I am not quite catching? It sounds like quite a faff to me?

Hi all,
I am not quite catching? It sounds like quite a faff to me?
It is a bit more work than just turning the tap on.

If you have a house rather than a flat etc. It is just a case of fitting a water butt to the down-pipe from the guttering. I have five water butts, three at the back of the house and <"two at the front">. I use the water for the all the pot watering and all the water changes for the fish tanks.

back_wall-jpg-jpg.jpg

Have a look at <"Rain-water">.

cheers Darrel

Had thought about that one Andrew. But wasnt sure as not seen in real life.

Hi Vin Youve seen the ADA one on the 60-P at AG. It has the blue film on it.

There are also 2 of the lightGround ones on the 1200 and 900. Both white with no films added.

Lightground are bringing out a full RGB one soon.......

ps. Tank looking fantastic 👏😃

Last edited:
Hi Vin Youve seen the ADA one on the 60-P at AG. It has the blue film on it.

There are also 2 of the lightGround ones on the 1200 and 900. Both white with no films added.

Lightground are bringing out a full RGB one soon.......

ps. Tank looking fantastic 👏😃
I keep looking at the backgrounds might be a crimbo present coming lol. Thanks

Still looks great :) I noticed you put these lights up for sale, you getting different ones?

Still looks great :) I noticed you put these lights up for sale, you getting different ones?
Thanks Wolf, Yea I'm looking into the ADA Solar lights at present. The ONF are good lights and have a feature called Natural which imitates sunrise and sunset. I was looking at the ADA first and just wish I had purchased the unit. But adding the stand and bracket and shield was just too much at the time.

The ONF lights are super nice (I used to have one), You’ll find the Solar RGB in a whole different league though (I’ve got them now). Defo not cheap though as you’ll want the ADA light stand (note just rhs hanging on a 90P) plus the shades.

@Geoffrey Rea will be able to advise/confirm as he runs both on tanks side by side.

Last edited:
The ONF lights are super nice (I used to have one), You’ll find the Solar RGB in a whole different league though (I’ve got them now). Defo not cheap though as you’ll want the ADA light stand (note just rhs hanging on a 90P) plus the shades.

@Geoffrey Rea will be able to advise/confirm as he runs both on tanks side by side.
They are great lights and pleased with the outcome. As mentioned with the light, stand, brackets and filters added up so doing a bit at a time..

Back