• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What T8's are 'in' nowadays?

nry

It's a good while since the current 15w 2xT8's went into my hood, they're both Arcadia with one freshwater (whiter) and one of the more red-coloured tubes (can't recall the name now).

I always liked the Interpet Daylight tubes but I believe these are now replaced.

Any suggestions on what tubes are worth looking at? I know there are now a few non-aquatic websites for tubes which are likely cheaper, so I'm open to suggestions :)

I've always liked the colour from the Arcadia Freshwater. Never liked the colour from the Original Tropical.

I was using a Realux pink light until recently which was really good but I was still using the Arcadia Freshwater with it. Expensive compared to the 'non aquarium' tubes but if you like it why not?

It was on a programmed electronic ballast however and that meant I had the tube for 2 years (pretty much since I first bought new tubes for a planted tank.

AC

Original Tropical, that's the one!

I got that to put at the front of the tank to highlight the fish colours (Rasbora Maculatus) which it does do well, and whilst this is purely aesthetic, it doesn't do much of a job lighting into the measly 30cm depths of my tank.

Perhaps just replacing the OT with a freshwater would be the easiest option.

Cheers George, ironic it's cheaper to buy 3 tubes than 2 though due to delivery costs on orders under £9 before VAT :)

Cheers :) I've been lurking on occasion but I guess the benefits of a slow growing scape let the hobbies wander to other areas for a while!

Back