• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What External filter???

myboyshay

Hi there!
Hope someone can help,
I have just purchased ADA lily pipes (V3/P2) which use 13mm tubing, can anyone recommend a decent external canister which will go with these.

I'm wanting to start a new set up but I'm buying bits at a time for when I move home.

I'll be purchasing a opti whit glass tank 60x30x35cm 63L for a iwagumi style set up (can't wait wohoo! :D).

Thanks in advance
Mark

Hi,
i personally like eheim filters but there are plenty of other good makes around,tetra tec,jbl crystal profi,
i think 13mm lily pipes for a 60cm tank is rather small,i think you really need the next size up,17mm
its aways best to have good turn over and good flow,you will be restricted with 13mm pipes.

regards john.

The tetratec EX700 uses 12mm hose and IMHO would make a good filter for your tank. I currently have one on an 80cm x 30cm x 35cm with a 13mm cheap lily pipe but it's a little underpowered for my tank I think.

Unfortunately you're a bit limited with the 13mm lily to smaller filters, unless you use a reducer. I think some have had ok results doing this, but it will restrict the flow a little. If you chose to do this, a Tetratec EX1200 would be awesome, but maybe a little too powerful (if there is such a thing!)

My money would go on the EX700 :)

I have some eBay 13mm lily pipes with a TetraTec EX600 and they're fine. Turnover/flow rate is very good though mine was knackered by using a Jaqno external reactor which is hopefully coming out soon.

The EX600 is a perfect size for a ~60litre tank if you ask me.

Back