• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EASY CARBO FOR IWAGUMI

myboyshay

Not sure whether to put this here or ferts but I'm planning my next set up for my home move and I'm still a bit weary of CO2 injection.
Will dosing with EasyCarbo and TPN+ be OK for the following or will I have serious algae issues:

THE PLAN (TRUE IWAGUMI):
Opti white tank 60x30x35
Eheim Professional Thermo 2324 (700L/H) ADA lily pipes
ADA substrate
2x24W Arcadia Lighting
Mini Landscape Rock hardscape
A carpet of HC with no other plants
20 amano shrimp
8 otos
15-20 cardinals
50% water change weekly

Thanks in advance

Mark

"what makes you weary of co2 injection?"

Thanks for the reply, I guess I just find it all a bit daunting, extra cost, equipment, correct amount of CO2 etc.

Mark!

in the long run it isnt that much to keep going and not as hard as it sounds, as long as you have a drop checker then you cant go wrong many people get regs off ebay with built in solenoid for about £50 and drop checkers are about £5 for a cheap one. a bottle would be £15 (from dan crawford) and would last you about 6 months for a tank your size and then you can get them refilled.

it may sound alot to start with but its pretty important when it comes to planted tanks.
george farmer did a tank with just easycarbo and had good results, but i think he went to co2 in the end.
it may become hard work with just easycarbo though ;)

Got to admit I was nervous about connecting the FE and pulling the trigger on 50bar(725psi) andthat coming from someone who regulary tests componants at 551 bar (8000psi).

Back