• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mixing T8 tubes

andy

Hi, I have just set up my new tank which measures 57" x 24" (h) x 19" (w). I have moved my old lights from the smaller tank across (3 x 42" triplus) but they're no way good enough.

So i plan to upgrade to 6 x 48" T8 tubes and was wondering what are the best tubes out there for plant growth. I have to have T8's as i already have all the starter gear for them.

So do you recommend flora-glo, day-glo, sunlight and triplus tubes for plant growth ? I want a fairly high light tank....i have very good water circulation and filteration and pressurised CO2 (not on yet due to fairly low light). I will be looking to keep some fairly demanding plants such as Rotala macranda, Limnophylla aromatica and others of the same light loving group.

Any help on a good combination of lights would be very helpful

Andy

This link has some very very cost effective and superb tubes on at 4' length:

http://www.lampspecs.co.uk/Light-Bulbs- ... Daylight_4

Have a check in the lighting forum - the site above was passed to me by George Farmer and someone here did a little review of some of the T5 versions of some of these tubes and some were perfect alternatives to the very expensive aquarium specific lighting options.

Back