• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UNS 5n 4 gal Emerald Forest nano

This tank features beautiful emerald dwarf rasboras and blue dream shrimp.
It's set up with onf flat nano lighting and an oase filtosmart 60 with jardali 10mm spin pipes to minimize the flow.
The plants is this tank are the mighty bucephalandra godzilla engulfing the wood and ludwigia repens super red in the back for color. There is also some anubias white broadleaf attached to the wood as well for that extra burst of color. I went with crypt wendtii brown for midground and a neat reddish plant in the back corner called lagenandra meeboldii. The carpeting plant is pearlweed which I find does well in nanos with no co2 with good lighting. This tank has been going 2 weeks to this point.
20210326_131701.jpg
20210327_183301.jpg
20210409_154507.jpg
20210409_124920.jpg

Lovely tank!
neat reddish plant in the back corner called lagenandra meeboldii.
Lagenandra Meeboldi is on my Aquarium Gardens wishlist! Looks lovely in situ here.

The carpeting plant is pearlweed which I find does well in nanos with no co2 with good lighting.
Noted for future reference. I started off not being a big fan of carpets, but I think my tastes are changing, having seen some spectacular carpets over the past few months.

Im calling this one guys... I have to admit I loved this scape but I really want to do a modified iwagumi with some elephant stone, ug and some pink stems, blue bucephalandra in this tank. I ultimately made one critical error in this set-up resulting in minor algae and me wanting to clean it up some and then the rescape came to me but anyways...lol I used a spin pipe with a filtosmart 60 which already has a low flow and should have just used a regular lily outflowfor a little better flow and this would have prevented this. Happy scaping
IMG_20210418_141512_202.jpg
IMG_20210418_141512_246.jpg
IMG_20210418_141512_278.jpg

Back