• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sponge stuck in lily pipe!

I often considered using a sponge to clean lily pipe intakes, it sure is tempting, but this is exactly the reason why I never did it! 😂
Good luck I'm sure it'll come out eventually.

Hey is there a prize for the winning technique? Do you work for Co2 Art by any chance, their banner is always up when I read this post!:lol:

Cut off the bottom of the tube (and sand afterwards with silicon carbide paper, then plug it):

I might do that anyway, it'll make it so much easier to clean in the future.

Come on @Tom Michael, what's the result, who 'won'? :D

Have you tried sticking it on the vacuum cleaner? Might work!
Don't let the neighbours see they might get the wrong impression!

Same principle as clearing a block drain theres 2 or 3 different drain rod heads one pushs the blockage another "screws" in the blockage and water jet slits the blockage. Large wood screw on a wire twist and slowly pull 🙂 water jetted in other end Best of luck

So I’m pleased to announce the sponge in question has been removed! 😁
the winning suggestion came from LondonDragon. Unfortunately I’m not sponsored by Co2 art, so I no duel stage reg prize, however I’m just about to do a big trim and will gladly send you some Hydroctile Verticalata, Vallis and rotala green if interested (DM me address if so)!

thank you everyone else for contributing and fingers crossed i reach 3 pages🤞

Hold on, just re read the posts and I think Paulus also suggested the suction route - so pleased to also offer plants to you if desired - let’s call it joint first place to avoid any arguments 🙏

the winning suggestion came from LondonDragon.
Glad that worked out for you, I am no expert but to me just made sense that might work, just thinking outside the box ;)

Back