• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone else share the same plant buying habits?

nry

I seem to find I go shop at e.g. AE, buy some plants, then a week or so later think 'hmm, I reckon plantx would be nice there' and wish they'd ordered it the week before...

I wonder sometimes if AE etc get some people like me who seem to order a new plant or two every week or so and wonder why they don't buy them all at once to save postage!

i used to be like that. i found a great way to learn what new plants would look like. but it eventually becomes an untidy scape. for me any way.

then i thought, it's best to choose a theme, choose the hardscape then choose the plants for that theme, then stick to it

I did that this time around, but in hindsight there's one plant which would have worked better for foreground type planting than the one I bought...my own fault I guess :)

I am getting a propogator pretty soon, so hopefully my plant buying, binning, rebuying days are over. :D

Dave.

Dave Spencer said:
I am getting a propogator pretty soon, so hopefully my plant buying, binning, rebuying days are over. :D

Dave.
im intrigued, want to share where you are getting it from? link... :p

Nick16 said:
Dave Spencer said:
im intrigued, want to share where you are getting it from? link... :p

I`m currently looking in to it Nick. I have a lot of expensive plants in my 120cm that I want to keep for a later project. I`ll probably start a thread when I get it up and running, as I will almost certainly need some advice.

Dave.

Dave Spencer said:
I`ll probably start a thread when I get it up and running, as I will almost certainly need some advice.
Dave.
I hope you do Dave, that will be very interesting to follow :) a lot of guys do it for corals, why not do it for plants too!

Emersed has its own forum section now. I reckon it could become fairly popular.

Dave.

Back