• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Black tiger badis!

LiamJ

Seedling
BE7F88CD-35A4-4FEA-A18E-AF2C29A16156.jpeg

What fish do you guys keep in your planted tanks I love these little guys, so much character 😃😃

I’ve got 2 pairs that have settled in really well, I’ve got a heavily planted tank and they’ve got their own little territories

I’ve got 2 pairs that have settled in really well, I’ve got a heavily planted tank and they’ve got their own little territories
Very nice. You hoping to breed them then? I bet the males territorial displays will be impressive. Have you found it tricky to get them to accept non live food?

Very nice. You hoping to breed them then? I bet the males territorial displays will be impressive. Have you found it tricky to get them to accept non live food?
Yeah mate not really hoping to breed them, the dominant males has truly impressive colours they seem to like frozen not much luck with flakes but they’re starting to get abit more inquisitive when flakes go in so fingers crossed it won’t be long

Yeah mate not really hoping to breed them, the dominant males has truly impressive colours they seem to like frozen not much luck with flakes but they’re starting to get abit more inquisitive when flakes go in so fingers crossed it won’t be long
I've been struggling to get all my scarlet badis fry to accept frozen foods but I've been able to wean them all onto decapsulated brine shrimp eggs which have the convenience of being a dry food while also offering pretty good nutritional value. I'm hoping to now get them transitioned from decaped brine shrimp eggs onto golden pearls dry food and from there maybe other micro granules.
Have you got any livefood cultures on the go for them? It can really help bring out their best colours. If you get any good pictures of your males displaying I'd love to see them.

I've been struggling to get all my scarlet badis fry to accept frozen foods but I've been able to wean them all onto decapsulated brine shrimp eggs which have the convenience of being a dry food while also offering pretty good nutritional value. I'm hoping to now get them transitioned from decaped brine shrimp eggs onto golden pearls dry food and from there maybe other micro granules.
Have you got any livefood cultures on the go for them? It can really help bring out their best colours. If you get any good pictures of your males displaying I'd love to see them.

Attachments

• 4BDB2A35-27C8-4172-B83E-5FDE08D96EC0.jpeg
    4BDB2A35-27C8-4172-B83E-5FDE08D96EC0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 202
Anyone know where to buy these? I’ve tried quite a few of my local shops in West London but haven’t come across any.

Back