• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rhinocerous

@Ady34 Yep, the light unit plus width of acrylic legs is 890mm. Seems really bizarre to me.

Even with 10mm glass it still wouldn't sit right.
Yep it doesn’t. Really disappointed tbh. I bought the light so it would match the existing 600e which sits beside it and I love the colour rendition of the e lines. Such a shame as I think I’m going to have to find an alternative.

on a positive note, your scape is looking great :)
Thanks for measuring the light.

Made a rash decision. I'm still convinced the front of the tank is just too dark. I think i can tell from the fact the MC isnt really growing and the S.Repens and is stretching, while stuff that catches the light is rampant.

So I've added the old light back on, at the front. Could be a silly move. And certainly looks ugly as sin. But what the hey, all a learning journey.

Posting so I can check back and see how long it last before ending in tears.

20210306_081942.jpg

Hi, I’ve got one of these lights and have just sat it on my ea900 with 10mm glass. It doesn’t fit flush by any means and has me nervous.
May be worth going back to the shop and measuring more lights (in stock) - or at least have the shop raise the issue with Twinstar

Is it dimmable? If so maybe just run it low and work your way up!
I'm going to take a punt and just go for it 100%. The light isnt hugely powerful. I reckon it'll be ok. Maybe.
May be worth going back to the shop and measuring more lights (in stock) - or at least have the shop raise the issue with Twinstar
Second hand innit. Did speak to AG and they are apparently designed for a specific UNS tank. Found that out too late. C'est la vie.

Tank is due a trim tomorrow!
Made some changes and got rid of the stones at the front. I've lost the clarity of the original scape but I like the mad jungle ness now.

My one persistent problem is BBA. It goes for anything slow growing or tatty. Affects the bolbitis worst, but also on java, buce, anubias and hygrophila. It's very irritating and if i could get rid I'd be very pleased!

I am also now dosing EI using the APF starter kit.

20210416_202729.jpg

The tank has done that thing where you suddenly notice its all just working right, everything is growing rampantly and the algae has disappeared (nearly).

This is the first time this tank has got to that 'Hi tech super lush' phase.

I'm kind of losing the hardscape but I dont really care. The scapes been running for a while now so nice to let it evolve.

Any tips on feeding with Tiger Barbs in the tank? They are voracious and Hoover up food before others get a look in, particularly the corys.

20210522_210649.jpg

The tank has done that thing where you suddenly notice its all just working right, everything is growing rampantly and the algae has disappeared (nearly).

This is the first time this tank has got to that 'Hi tech super lush' phase.

I'm kind of losing the hardscape but I dont really care. The scapes been running for a while now so nice to let it evolve.

Any tips on feeding with Tiger Barbs in the tank? They are voracious and Hoover up food before others get a look in, particularly the corys.

View attachment 169225
That's the best isn't it? The tank is looking lovely!

Love when that happens, it's ultimately what I aim for in every scape.
I always feed the corys at night and use pellets or tabs that sink quickly.
I nearly always let the scape evolve, it's often planted with that in mind. I think your scape looks amazing 👍

I use a slight distraction to feed the corys l have the pellets for the corys in one hand dropped in at one end of the tank while other hand moves above the surface toward other end the other fish head up there when l feed them. The fish sort of remember this

Back