• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ottos

tyke_uk

Never kept ottos before so i bought 4 a few days ago.And what a lovley little fish, settled in really well they seem well at home in the tank grazing on the rockwork, bog wood etc my question is ive been putting blanched cucumber in and alge flakes in. Which they seem to ignore, then i take them out again in the morning.There is no probs with them and seem happy enough i just want to keep the little fellas healthy. :D

I read elsewhere that someones Oto's didn't like cucumber but I've not tried it to test. Mine have fed on courgette though, blanched of course. I also gave them some par boiled carrot which they seemed to like and raw apple once which I saw one of mine nibbling on. I've heard they go mad for mango but again I've not tested this.

ottos still wont take anything other than whats in the tank.Ive so far tried apple,alge flakes,lettuce and cucumber. Im going out for a mango and a courgette this morning to see if they like these. Although they seem fine on whats in the tank id just like them to have another food source.Anybody got any other suggestions? many thanks.

this may sound cruel, but every tank that i've had ottos in, i've never attempted to feed them. i just let em' graze on the plants. they still get fat so they must be ok

Back