• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nice clean glass lily pipes...with one problem...

nry

I knocked the (insert swear words here) outflow pipe when fitting it all back together so it's now in 4 peices...

How on earth do people manage to keep pipework tidy in the smaller tanks? I think my problem is trying to squeeze a Boyu diffuser and external heater all onto the inflow tubing which ends up with kinks everywhere...

Need some more thoughts on this, the Boyu diffuser was supposed to make things easier :)

Interesting...actually it does say on the box to put it on the outflow pipework...

Every setup is different though mate :) I put it down to my Tetratec EX1200 not being suitable to diffuse the co2 - it just builds up inside and gets released as massive bubbles in one go. CO2 stability goes out of the window when that happens.

I also added the boyu close the the output of the filter, with a really long host from the boyu to the spraybar - this seems to help dissolve the co2 before it reaches the spraybar, with just a few micro bubbles being released around the tank.

Ahh, sorry, I'm mixed up with terms...I put mine about 8 inches before the inflow into the tank :)

Yep its supposed to go on the outflow. I fitted mine about a foot from the filter and then there was another 1 ft to the heater and then 6 inches to the lily

AC

Sounds about the same then...

Ordered a replacement set of lily pipes from Hong Kong so once they arrive, and I have a reel of new tubing and some anti-kink bits from AE, I aim to get this darn pipework tidied up once and for all! Looks odd at the moment with a whacking great Tetra inlet (as in in to the filter) strainer/pipe hanging in the tank, just glad I kept it now!

Still a shame they only put one sucker on the smaller lily pipes though, as you need some suckers on the pipe work aswell and the lily pipes end up sitting a little out of line...yeah, I'm a picky sod at times :)

Back